Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Webparts app running always in design mode: Any performance hit?

Webparts app running always in design mode: Any performance hit?

yashgt@gmail.com

We would like to have sections on our ASP .NET 2.0 application that
can be moved around while the user is using it. There is only a header
which can be brought down and made the footer, and there are the left
nav and center portiaons that can be interchanged. The changes need to
be persisted between sessions.

Would webparts be the ideal choice for implementing this? Is there any
other technique that can be used?
I understand that the website will have to always run in design mode?
Will it cause any performance hit if it is always running in design
mode?
Some controls in the header can effect a change in the center. Will I
have to enable the communication mode for this? How will I be able to
configure both modes?

Any pointers will help.

Thanks,
Yash

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You can use the AJAX toolkit, there are some drag panels that already
implement that type of behavior. You would simply need to drop the control
on the form and wire it up.

http://www.asp.net/ajax/

--
Regards,