Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need some topic for Mini project in Java

Need some topic for Mini project in Java

siva.thirumaiyan@gmail.com

Hi,

I am doing master in computer science need to do a mini project. The
time duration is 2months.

Could any one suggest me some topics for the mini projects implemented
in JAVA?

Thanks in advance!!!

Kevin Mangold

You're going for your Masters degree in Computer Science and can't
figure out a small project? Yikes! Does it have to be related to
anything? Math, physics, chemistry, etc.? Or you just need a topic in
general?

Daniel Pitts

On Aug 2, 4:56 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing master in computer science need to do a mini project. The
> time duration is 2months.
>
> Could any one suggest me some topics for the mini projects implemented
> in JAVA?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

How about an open source Data Matrix encoder/decoder.

rossum

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 04:56:29 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am doing master in computer science need to do a mini project. The
>time duration is 2months.
>
>Could any one suggest me some topics for the mini projects implemented
>in JAVA?
>
>Thanks in advance!!!

Try http://mindprod.com/project/projects.html

rossum

Kevin Mangold

On Aug 2, 11:03 am, rossum <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Tryhttp://mindprod.com/project/projects.html

I have actually found that site to be very useful for finding
application ideas. Even if you don't do exactly what is mentioned
there, it is a start.

Roedy Green

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:49:59 -0000, Kevin Mangold
who said :

>I have actually found that site to be very useful for finding
>application ideas. Even if you don't do exactly what is mentioned
>there, it is a start.

Those projects were intended just to get you started, not rigid specs.
I expected people to either scale them back, elaborate on them, or
take off in a vaguely related direction.

The trick in to find a project that MATTERS to you. That will motivate
you to do all the research and experimentation you will need to
complete it.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Kevin Mangold

> Those projects were intended just to get you started, not rigid specs.
> I expected people to either scale them back, elaborate on them, or
> take off in a vaguely related direction.

Exactly. It's just a starting point.