Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Quebec VS MCSE

Quebec VS MCSE

SJ

It's officially illegal to use the title MCSE in Quebec.

http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/affich...iques.html?450

The Rev [MCT]

Those battles have been ongoing for a while now. But it is still funny.

--
rev

MCT/MCNGP #44
..
"SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hI94f.17380$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> It's officially illegal to use the title MCSE in Quebec.
>
> http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/affich...iques.html?450

Dave

"SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hI94f.17380$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> It's officially illegal to use the title MCSE in Quebec.
>
> http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/affich...iques.html?450

Good! Let's face it, it's possible to obtain an MCSE by braindumps alone
and never having actually driven a server as such, so why should a
"qualification" such as the MCSE allow you to be referred to as an
"Engineer"? Please note that I'm not advocating braindumps, I'm merely
saying that the MCSE has been undervalued (amongst other reasons) by their
use. Other professions dictate that you need real professional
qualifications (degrees(s)) followed by monitored (authentic) experience
followed by sucessful applications to Chartered Status in order to be called
an "Engineer". Now compare that to braindumping 7 exams to get an MCSE,
it's a no brainer. I applaud Quebec for having the bollox to state the
completely bleedin' obvious.

Microcephalic S. Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hI94f.17380$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> It's officially illegal to use the title MCSE in Quebec.
>>
>> http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/affich...iques.html?450

> Good! Let's face it, it's possible to obtain an MCSE by braindumps alone
> and never having actually driven a server as such, so why should a
> "qualification" such as the MCSE allow you to be referred to as an
> "Engineer"? Please note that I'm not advocating braindumps, I'm merely
> saying that the MCSE has been undervalued (amongst other reasons) by their
> use. Other professions dictate that you need real professional
> qualifications (degrees(s)) followed by monitored (authentic) experience
> followed by sucessful applications to Chartered Status in order to be
> called an "Engineer". Now compare that to braindumping 7 exams to get an
> MCSE, it's a no brainer. I applaud Quebec for having the bollox to state
> the completely bleedin' obvious.

Quebec obviously has time to waste prosecuting people for something that
really isn't a crime.

I applaud Quebec for having a government with nothing better to do.

When I am elected president of Quebec, which I will accomplish after getting
their current government incarcerated by McCarthyist 'You're secretly an
MCSE' tactics, I will pass laws that make it illegal to urinate if the color
isn't a specific tone of yellow, and the government will disallow public use
of the capital letter G, except when referring to the Government.

Briscobar

Microcephalic S. Bob <http://www.planetoftheheads.com/> rambled:

> I applaud Quebec for having a government with nothing better to do.

Yeah, me too. It's obvious that they must have solved all other problems if
they have time to devote to this.

--
KB

MCNGP #26

Dave

"Microcephalic S. Bob" <http://www.planetoftheheads.com/> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hI94f.17380$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> It's officially illegal to use the title MCSE in Quebec.
>>>
>>> http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/affich...iques.html?450

>> Good! Let's face it, it's possible to obtain an MCSE by braindumps alone
>> and never having actually driven a server as such, so why should a
>> "qualification" such as the MCSE allow you to be referred to as an
>> "Engineer"? Please note that I'm not advocating braindumps, I'm merely
>> saying that the MCSE has been undervalued (amongst other reasons) by
>> their use. Other professions dictate that you need real professional
>> qualifications (degrees(s)) followed by monitored (authentic) experience
>> followed by sucessful applications to Chartered Status in order to be
>> called an "Engineer". Now compare that to braindumping 7 exams to get an
>> MCSE, it's a no brainer. I applaud Quebec for having the bollox to state
>> the completely bleedin' obvious.

> Quebec obviously has time to waste prosecuting people for something that
> really isn't a crime.
>
> I applaud Quebec for having a government with nothing better to do.
>
> When I am elected president of Quebec, which I will accomplish after
> getting their current government incarcerated by McCarthyist 'You're
> secretly an MCSE' tactics, I will pass laws that make it illegal to
> urinate if the color isn't a specific tone of yellow, and the government
> will disallow public use of the capital letter G, except when referring to
> the Government.

Point completely missed.

Robert Moir

Dave wrote:
> "SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hI94f.17380$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> It's officially illegal to use the title MCSE in Quebec.
>>
>> http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/affich...iques.html?450

> Good! Let's face it, it's possible to obtain an MCSE by braindumps
> alone and never having actually driven a server as such, so why
> should a "qualification" such as the MCSE allow you to be referred to
> as an "Engineer"? Please note that I'm not advocating braindumps,
> I'm merely saying that the MCSE has been undervalued (amongst other
> reasons) by their use. Other professions dictate that you need real
> professional qualifications (degrees(s)) followed by monitored
> (authentic) experience followed by sucessful applications to
> Chartered Status in order to be called an "Engineer". Now compare
> that to braindumping 7 exams to get an MCSE, it's a no brainer. I
> applaud Quebec for having the bollox to state the completely bleedin'
> obvious.

Their approach is like dealing with rust by putting another coat of paint on
the car.

SJ

what's sad is all the people in Quebec that are in school right now working
towards MCSE.

Microcephalic S. Bob

>> When I am elected president of Quebec, which I will accomplish after
>> getting their current government incarcerated by McCarthyist 'You're
>> secretly an MCSE' tactics, I will pass laws that make it illegal to
>> urinate if the color isn't a specific tone of yellow, and the government
>> will disallow public use of the capital letter G, except when referring
>> to the Government.

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Point completely missed.

There was supposed to be a point?

Microcephalic S. Bob

"SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YyC4f.7740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> what's sad is all the people in Quebec that are in school right now
> working towards MCSE.

They were sad anyway, because next Quebec will outlaw salad.