Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail

Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail

=?Utf-8?B?UkpX?=

Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from Logitec website
or from Microsoft Windows Update.

Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...

The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual channel memory,
1TB of disk.

I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista Cerified...

Any thoughts?

XS11E

RJW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from
> Logitec website or from Microsoft Windows Update.
>
> Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...
>
> The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual
> channel memory, 1TB of disk.
>
> I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista
> Cerified...

Are you running Vista 64 bit? If so, the Logitech driver is not for
Vista 64, it's 32 bit only, Plantronics says they have no Vista drivers
for your device.

If you're running Vista 32 bit, you're in the wrong newsgroup.

Please let us know what version of Vista you're running.

=?Utf-8?B?UkpX?=

Yes, Vista 64 Ultimate with the machine not working. Have Vista 64 Home
Premium on two other machines, those machines do not have a problem with the
plantronics DSP 500. I have not tested the brand new out of the box logitec
webcam yet...

"XS11E" wrote:

> RJW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from
> > Logitec website or from Microsoft Windows Update.
> >
> > Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...
> >
> > The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual
> > channel memory, 1TB of disk.
> >
> > I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista
> > Cerified...

> Are you running Vista 64 bit? If so, the Logitech driver is not for
> Vista 64, it's 32 bit only, Plantronics says they have no Vista drivers
> for your device.
>
> If you're running Vista 32 bit, you're in the wrong newsgroup.
>
> Please let us know what version of Vista you're running.

> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

RJW:
Go here:
http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...ultra%20vision
And download the one labeled "Logitech - Other Hardware - Logitech QuickCam
Ultra Vision - Windows Vista,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"
It is a 3.3 MB download and is dated May 11th, 2007.
After the download finishes you will have a *.cab file
Uncompress it in order to have the drivers expanded (many inf, sys, dll's,
etc.)
Now you can install your web camera via the "Have Disk" option, pointing to
the dir where you uncompressed the downloaded cab.
Carlos

"RJW" wrote:

> Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from Logitec website
> or from Microsoft Windows Update.
>
> Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...
>
> The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual channel memory,
> 1TB of disk.
>
> I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista Cerified...
>
> Any thoughts?

=?Utf-8?B?UkpX?=

I downloaded and expanded, then attempted to install manually... Got the
same error I get when Vista downloads and installs driver automatically
(windows update).

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found the the driver siftware for you device, but encountered and
error while attempting to install it.

Logitech USB Camera (ultra vison)

An error occured during the installation of the device.

The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your
hardware vendor.
.
.
.
"Carlos" wrote:

> RJW:
> Go here:
> http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...ultra%20vision
> And download the one labeled "Logitech - Other Hardware - Logitech QuickCam
> Ultra Vision - Windows Vista,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"
> It is a 3.3 MB download and is dated May 11th, 2007.
> After the download finishes you will have a *.cab file
> Uncompress it in order to have the drivers expanded (many inf, sys, dll's,
> etc.)
> Now you can install your web camera via the "Have Disk" option, pointing to
> the dir where you uncompressed the downloaded cab.
> Carlos
>
> "RJW" wrote:
>
> > Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from Logitec website
> > or from Microsoft Windows Update.
> >
> > Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...
> >
> > The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual channel memory,
> > 1TB of disk.
> >
> > I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista Cerified...
> >
> > Any thoughts?

Theo

Has anyone considered contacting Logitech Tech Support?
Since it's their driver, they should be the most capable of
assisting with the problem.

It has been my experience that it's best to contact the
originator of any software when problems are encountered
since they are the ones that will ultimately have to provide
the correct solution to solving the problem. If it does
happen to be a problem with Vista, they are most capable of
identifying exactly where the problem is.

RJW wrote:
> I downloaded and expanded, then attempted to install manually... Got the
> same error I get when Vista downloads and installs driver automatically
> (windows update).
>
> __________________________________________________ _________
> Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
>
> Windows found the the driver siftware for you device, but encountered and
> error while attempting to install it.
>
> Logitech USB Camera (ultra vison)
>
> An error occured during the installation of the device.
>
> The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your
> hardware vendor.
> .
> .
> .
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> RJW:
>> Go here:
>> http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...ultra%20vision
>> And download the one labeled "Logitech - Other Hardware - Logitech QuickCam
>> Ultra Vision - Windows Vista,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"
>> It is a 3.3 MB download and is dated May 11th, 2007.
>> After the download finishes you will have a *.cab file
>> Uncompress it in order to have the drivers expanded (many inf, sys, dll's,
>> etc.)
>> Now you can install your web camera via the "Have Disk" option, pointing to
>> the dir where you uncompressed the downloaded cab.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "RJW" wrote:
>>
>>> Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from Logitec website
>>> or from Microsoft Windows Update.
>>>
>>> Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...
>>>
>>> The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual channel memory,
>>> 1TB of disk.
>>>
>>> I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista Cerified...
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

RJW:
According to what Vista is complaining about (bad written inf file) I cannot
help you further.
Just one last thing.
Sometimes my only resort to install a driver is getting to the point where I
have the "Have disk" button.
Did you actually get there or just included the installation files dir in
the search options?
Carlos

"RJW" wrote:

> I downloaded and expanded, then attempted to install manually... Got the
> same error I get when Vista downloads and installs driver automatically
> (windows update).
>
> __________________________________________________ _________
> Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
>
> Windows found the the driver siftware for you device, but encountered and
> error while attempting to install it.
>
> Logitech USB Camera (ultra vison)
>
> An error occured during the installation of the device.
>
> The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your
> hardware vendor.
> .
> .
> .
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > RJW:
> > Go here:
> > http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...ultra%20vision
> > And download the one labeled "Logitech - Other Hardware - Logitech QuickCam
> > Ultra Vision - Windows Vista,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"
> > It is a 3.3 MB download and is dated May 11th, 2007.
> > After the download finishes you will have a *.cab file
> > Uncompress it in order to have the drivers expanded (many inf, sys, dll's,
> > etc.)
> > Now you can install your web camera via the "Have Disk" option, pointing to
> > the dir where you uncompressed the downloaded cab.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "RJW" wrote:
> >
> > > Vista Drivers for Logitec QuickCam Ultra Vision SE fail from Logitec website
> > > or from Microsoft Windows Update.
> > >
> > > Same with Plantronics DSP 500, same with a few other things...
> > >
> > > The machine is a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-60, 4GB dual channel memory,
> > > 1TB of disk.
> > >
> > > I went to the Logitec WebCam as it is supposed to be Vista Cerified...
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?

=?Utf-8?B?UkpX?=

No I have not directly (no). I have had several different dirver issues and
I was told to go back to Microsoft... I guess i was wondering if the owner
of the OS could make a recommendation on a fix. Is there something broken in
the registry of this particualr computer that can be "cleaned-up" with some
fantastic utility, or I am just going to see bad support with this hardware...

I have two other Vista 64 computers, some of the same preriferals that dont
work on this machine work on the other machines.

I will submit this issue to Logitech and see where it goes.

Thanks to all that have attempted to help.

Bob.

"Theo" wrote:

> Has anyone considered contacting Logitech Tech Support?
> Since it's their driver, they should be the most capable of
> assisting with the problem.
>
> It has been my experience that it's best to contact the
> originator of any software when problems are encountered
> since they are the ones that will ultimately have to provide
> the correct solution to solving the problem. If it does
> happen to be a problem with Vista, they are most capable of
> identifying exactly where the problem is.
>

> RJW wrote:
> > I downloaded and expanded, then attempted to install manually... Got the
> > same error I get when Vista downloads and installs driver automatically
> > (windows update).
> >
> > __________________________________________________ _________
> > Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
> >
> > Windows found the the driver siftware for you device, but encountered and
> > error while attempting to install it.
> >
> > Logitech USB Camera (ultra vison)
> >
> > An error occured during the installation of the device.
> >
> > The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> > This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your
> > hardware vendor.
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> >> RJW:
> >> Go here:
> >> http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...ultra%20vision
> >> And download the one labeled "Logitech - Other Hardware - Logitech QuickCam
> >> Ultra Vision - Windows Vista,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"
> >> It is a 3.3 MB download and is dated May 11th, 2007.
> >> After the download finishes you will have a *.cab file
> >> Uncompress it in order to have the drivers expanded (many inf, sys, dll's,
> >> etc.)
> >> Now you can install your web camera via the "Have Disk" option, pointing to
> >> the dir where you uncompressed the downloaded cab.
> >> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?UkpX?=

I did get there.... I have this feeling that I have a early productrion
Version of Vista and the registry is now "corrupted" to the point where
installing device drivers does not go well on this machine, and I dont really
want to start at ground zero, that is why I was thinking MS or someone in the
MS Vista DG's might just say do ______!

Thanks for your assistance.

"Carlos" wrote:

> RJW:
> According to what Vista is complaining about (bad written inf file) I cannot
> help you further.
> Just one last thing.
> Sometimes my only resort to install a driver is getting to the point where I
> have the "Have disk" button.
> Did you actually get there or just included the installation files dir in
> the search options?
> Carlos
>
> "RJW" wrote:
>

> > I downloaded and expanded, then attempted to install manually... Got the
> > same error I get when Vista downloads and installs driver automatically
> > (windows update).
> >
> > __________________________________________________ _________
> > Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
> >
> > Windows found the the driver siftware for you device, but encountered and
> > error while attempting to install it.
> >
> > Logitech USB Camera (ultra vison)
> >
> > An error occured during the installation of the device.
> >
> > The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> > This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your
> > hardware vendor.
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> > > RJW:
> > > Go here:
> > > http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...ultra%20vision
> > > And download the one labeled "Logitech - Other Hardware - Logitech QuickCam
> > > Ultra Vision - Windows Vista,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"
> > > It is a 3.3 MB download and is dated May 11th, 2007.
> > > After the download finishes you will have a *.cab file
> > > Uncompress it in order to have the drivers expanded (many inf, sys, dll's,
> > > etc.)
> > > Now you can install your web camera via the "Have Disk" option, pointing to
> > > the dir where you uncompressed the downloaded cab.
> > > Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

RJW:
This one won't hurt to try.
Delete (or just rename) the file named INFCACHE.1 in C:\Windows\Inf
Reboot and try again.
Somehow that file gets corrupted from time to time and there have been many
cases in which its deletion has worked out many "impossible" usb devices
installation.
Carlos