Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT:Friday Frustration

OT:Friday Frustration

CBIC

One of the crazy people who work here called me this morning freaking out
that her Outlook is opening all by itself. She would have it closed and it
would pop open as if by magic. She wanted this fixed NOW because it was
driving her crazy. I go to her office an hour later (made her wait just to
show her I could) and after a quick look-sie I found that she wasn't pulling
her keyboard tray all the way out and her mail hot key was hitting on an
edge under her desk. I replaced her keyboard with one with no hot keys and
went about my day. She just called and ripped me for taking her "good
keyboard" and leaving her with a "crappy one". I told her until she learned
how to use one with hot keys I could not trust her with one. My PHB should
be callin' any minute now. Have a good weekend everybody, I'm sneaking out
early.

--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Briscobar

CBIC <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> One of the crazy people who work here called me this morning freaking
> out that her Outlook is opening all by itself. She would have it
> closed and it would pop open as if by magic. She wanted this fixed
> NOW because it was driving her crazy. I go to her office an hour
> later (made her wait just to show her I could) and after a quick
> look-sie I found that she wasn't pulling her keyboard tray all the
> way out and her mail hot key was hitting on an edge under her desk. I
> replaced her keyboard with one with no hot keys and went about my
> day. She just called and ripped me for taking her "good keyboard" and
> leaving her with a "crappy one". I told her until she learned how to
> use one with hot keys I could not trust her with one. My PHB should
> be callin' any minute now. Have a good weekend everybody, I'm
> sneaking out early.

Hahahaha nice.

I had one of the ****-stains call me this morning about their wireless mouse
going nuts. Without bothering to go look at it, I just told her to replace
the batteries. She then asks me what kind of batteries she needs. I told her
either AA or AAA, depending on the mouse, and if she could tell me which
mouse she had, I could tell her (Microsoft mice take AA, and I think it's
logitech take AAA).
She responds "The wireless one!"
No, I need the brand name.
"I don't know, it's faded off. It's the gray one."
They're both gray.
So I went down there, plugged in an old-school mouse, complete with ball and
wire, and told her I'd have to look at her defective wireless optical mouse.
She bought that flimsy excuse, because 2 minutes ago, it was just a battery
issue. So of course, it's the gray Microsoft mouse, the one that needs AA
batteries...of which I have a whole pack in my drawer. I'll make her use it
for a week or so, then I'll "fix" her wireless mouse and give it back to her
if she's good next week.

Just one of those days for all of us today, I guess.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
www.mgnpc.mco makes fun fo dylsexics.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, CBIC spewed across the ether:

> . I replaced her keyboard with one with no hot keys and
> went about my day. She just called and ripped me for taking her "good
> keyboard" and leaving her with a "crappy one". I told her until she
> learned how to use one with hot keys I could not trust her with one.
> My PHB should be callin' any minute now. Have a good weekend
> everybody, I'm sneaking out early.

The force is strong today. Well done.

Pity that Monday, PHB will make you give her a brand-new one, and make you
adjust the tray so it wont hit the hot keys.

--
JaR
Thug 10110

Jennifer Aniston without a shirt

Give her the keyboard she wants...

AND CHOP OFF HER HANDS!

hanhanhanhahnahahnhahnah

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, CBIC spewed across the ether:
>
>> . I replaced her keyboard with one with no hot keys and
>> went about my day. She just called and ripped me for taking her "good
>> keyboard" and leaving her with a "crappy one". I told her until she
>> learned how to use one with hot keys I could not trust her with one.
>> My PHB should be callin' any minute now. Have a good weekend
>> everybody, I'm sneaking out early.

> The force is strong today. Well done.
>
> Pity that Monday, PHB will make you give her a brand-new one, and make you
> adjust the tray so it wont hit the hot keys.
>
> --
> JaR
> Thug 10110
> MCNGP.com

kpg

> Give her the keyboard she wants...
>
> AND CHOP OFF HER HANDS!

Then you'll just have to configure the Accessabilty Options
for a mouth stick and head pointer.

Neil

did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in

>> Give her the keyboard she wants...
>>
>> AND CHOP OFF HER HANDS!

> Then you'll just have to configure the Accessabilty Options
> for a mouth stick and head pointer.

"The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special
dialing wand, please mash the keypad with the palm of your hand.. now. "

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- G=Guns, PG=Plenty of Guns, PG-13=More than 12 guns...

Neil

did you hear Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> say in
news:Xns96EF9D095B5DBneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6:

> "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special
> dialing wand, please mash the keypad with the palm of your hand.. now. "

oh {$1 to the Simpsons}

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Now that I've given up Hope I feel much better

kpg

> "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special
> dialing wand, please mash the keypad with the palm of your hand.. now.

OK. I can't seem to place that quote...

how about a hint...

kpg

kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> said something like

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\174710.htm (10/14/2005
> 2:36:52 PM) #
>> "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special
>> dialing wand, please mash the keypad with the palm of your hand..
>> now.

> OK. I can't seem to place that quote...
>
> how about a hint...

Doh!

ASP.NET 2.0 Frustration - MS Please Help scorpion53061 ASP .Net 9 11-28-2005 04:27 PM
Filter Frustration Mark Adams Firefox 7 03-01-2005 05:06 AM
frustration with events firing Rob ASP .Net 5 09-11-2004 04:51 PM
Frustration getting MELL support Sandy Wood Microsoft Certification 0 07-14-2004 10:25 PM
Crystal Frustration MattG ASP .Net 0 11-26-2003 02:45 PM

Advertisments