Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No longer working

No longer working

John Sisker

My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now nothing.
I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send be
acknowledged. What happened?

John Sisker
(714) 536-3850

Evan Platt

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:50:20 -0700, "John Sisker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now nothing.
>I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send be
>acknowledged. What happened?

I see your problem.

Ditch OE. Get a real newsreader.

John Sisker

Great! How?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:50:20 -0700, "John Sisker"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now
>>nothing.
>>I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send be
>>acknowledged. What happened?

> I see your problem.
>
> Ditch OE. Get a real newsreader.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

John Sisker wrote:
> My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now nothing.
> I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send be
> acknowledged. What happened?

Some of the better NNTP servers are implementing IQ filters.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

John Sisker wrote:
> Great! How?

Xnews, free and very good:
http://www.download.com/Xnews/3000-2164_4-10144167.html

More readers:
http://www.usenet.com/software.cfm

Blinky the Shark

Rgr wrote:
> John Sisker wrote:
>> Great! How?

> Xnews, free and very good:
> http://www.download.com/Xnews/3000-2164_4-10144167.html

OP: And after installing it, read this:

http://blinkynet.net/comp/xnewsrels.html

OP: And scroll down to the Xnews section here for other resources --
once you get the basics internalized and are ready to expand your
experience:

http://blinkynet.net/comp/ndx_windows.html

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Plato

Evan Platt wrote:

> >My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now nothing.
> >I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send be
> >acknowledged. What happened?

> I see your problem.
>
> Ditch OE. Get a real newsreader.

Heck, I've been using NS3 for years in these groups, never a problem,
ever, not once.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Rectum Burn

"John Sisker" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now
> nothing. I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send
> be acknowledged. What happened?
>
> John Sisker
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (714) 536-3850

I'd be happy to call you up at 3 am to discuss this with you.

Rectum Burrrrrrrrn

ded

"John Sisker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My connection to the various newsgroups was working just find, now
> nothing. I receive no new information, not will any posts that I send be
> acknowledged. What happened?
>
> John Sisker
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (714) 536-3850

It won't have been your client OE, but your NNTP server which seems to
be supernews, and it seems to be working fine now as your post showed
up here in this group.