Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Earthlink Friends

Earthlink Friends

Blinky the Shark

Mara wrote:
> On 2 Aug 2007 00:33:36 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>Dear Usenet User,
>>
>>Great news! We've improved our Usenet service to make your
>>experience better than ever.
>>
>>We've increased article retention for most subjects as well as
>>provided access to more newsgroups. Best of all, basic service
>>is still free!

>></q>
>>
>>It goes on for a few horn-blowing paragraphs and nothing is mentioned
>>about Supernews.
>>
>>And the introduction of the term "basic service" smells -- there has
>>only been one level, so I believe the stink of an extra-cost tier is in
>>the air.

> You *could* just skip the middleman and go directly with Supernews. The cost is
> cheap enough, and I can highly recommend it.

I don't use EL's servers, Mara. Primary is news.individual.net, and I
also use datemas, motzarella, grc, mozilla.org...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> I don't use EL's servers, Mara. Primary is news.individual.net, and I
> also use datemas, motzarella, grc, mozilla.org...

Supernews is a good newsserver. Now (at this moment, I can't predict
the changing future) news.earthlink.net goes to the old EL newsserver,
and news.west.earthlink.net and news.east.earthlink.net now go to the
new supernews EL server.

I likely will be using the new server more. I have no idea how EL (or
supernews) is planning on throttling it.

--
Mike Easter

Mara

On 2 Aug 2007 16:36:40 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara wrote:

<snip>
>> You *could* just skip the middleman and go directly with Supernews. The cost is
>> cheap enough, and I can highly recommend it.

>I don't use EL's servers, Mara. Primary is news.individual.net, and I
>also use datemas, motzarella, grc, mozilla.org...

I used to love Giganews before they started letting things slide. But man, I
gotta tell you - I sure like Supernews' filters. No more DipSlime, no more
Lamie, very few spammers, it's just wonderful. I love these guys.

Now if they'd just filter google groper posts....

--
Og thought there was such thing as "evolution". How all these stupid
people still alive? Og boggle.

Blinky the Shark

Mara wrote:
> On 2 Aug 2007 16:36:40 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Mara wrote:

><snip>
>>> You *could* just skip the middleman and go directly with Supernews. The cost is
>>> cheap enough, and I can highly recommend it.

>>I don't use EL's servers, Mara. Primary is news.individual.net, and I
>>also use datemas, motzarella, grc, mozilla.org...

> I used to love Giganews before they started letting things slide. But man, I
> gotta tell you - I sure like Supernews' filters. No more DipSlime, no more
> Lamie, very few spammers, it's just wonderful. I love these guys.
>
> Now if they'd just filter google groper posts....

Just wait'll the Usenet Improvement Project gets Weapons of GG
Destruction.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Plato wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> news feeds usually suck", and I know that many of you (yes, there *is* a
>> "you") are fully aware of that. I do have it set up on one of my news

> Of course their is a you. Only trolls challenge that.
>
>> This is just a heads-up to the rest that it looks like the group (yes,
>> there *is* a group) may be missing the contributors and trolls that
>> arrive via Earthlink, at least for a while.

> Yes of course this is a group. And all the regulars are part of the
> group. All the question askers are just asking the "group" for help.
>
> "nuff said"

TIN "nuff said"