Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Wing IDE for Python v. 3.0 beta1 released

Re: Wing IDE for Python v. 3.0 beta1 released

Steve Holden

Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2007 13:53, Robert Dailey wrote:
>> He's secretly an employee of Wing IDE in disguise!!!

> Sorry to destroy your conspiracy theories, but no, I've never been employed
> by Wing IDE in any fashion, nor have I ever received any monetary
> compensation from them in any form. Just a satisfied user. That's all.

Me too, and I have to say the response I have had to all my technical
support requests has been first-class. Maybe they are busy because
they're in beta? I know they aren't the largest company, but they can
stand comparison with most when it comes to support.

I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
paying per-incident support fees!

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

Paul Boddie

Steve Holden wrote:

> I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
> support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
> paying per-incident support fees!

Proprietary products, right? A lot of KDE applications have a "Report
Bug..." item in the "Help" menu, for example. Perhaps you're thinking
of the same kind of thing.

Paul

Steve Holden

Paul Boddie wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>> I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
>> support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
>> paying per-incident support fees!

> Proprietary products, right? A lot of KDE applications have a "Report
> Bug..." item in the "Help" menu, for example. Perhaps you're thinking
> of the same kind of thing.
>
> Paul

Just "products I use". I'm not currently a KDE user, but I do use a lot
of open source on Windows.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119