Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tooltips display time?

Tooltips display time?

HockeyFan

Is there a way to control the time that a tooltip stays displayed?
I'd like to keep them up at least long enough for the user to read the
whole thing.

Jesse Houwing

Hello HockeyFan,

> Is there a way to control the time that a tooltip stays displayed?
> I'd like to keep them up at least long enough for the user to read the
> whole thing.

Unles you write your tooltip using DHTML & Javascript (or HTML + CSS for
that matter) no. There is no way to influence the browser to show the tooltip
longer or shorter. But I feel your pain, I use tooltips quite a lot and it's
a pain that you have to keep your moude moving just a little bit to keep
them visible longe enough

Jesse