Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Outlook Error when opening Calender or Outlook Today

Outlook Error when opening Calender or Outlook Today

=?Utf-8?B?c2FuZHdvcm0=?=

Hey folks, posted this on another board but I know more people in here so I
thought I'd toss this in here as well. Hopefully someone can give me an idea
where to go from here:

Working on an Outlook issue that is really bugging me here. So any help you
might suggest would be great as Google has come up flat on this one.

Win2K Pro w/sp4 machine on a large Exchange network
Office/Outlook 2000 with all updates applied

When the user clicks on his calender or the Outlook Today shortcuts in
Outlook 2000 the system locks up and Outlook starts using 95 to 100% of cpu
cycles. But this is only on the office PC, when user remotes in to his
outlook all works fine so it's not a profile issue.

I've tried the Outlook and Office repair feature, deleting and creating a
new profile, made sure all the Office & Win2K Updates/Patches have been
installed. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook and the issue remains.

There are no error pop ups when this occurs and I'm not seeing anything
listed in the error logs from the machine.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

--
Sandworm

Laura

Did you try logging on as a dif user on this machine and running outlook
that way? If no proplem, then delete his user profile from the machine and
recreate it. (don't forget to save any silly uers files like favorites
etc...) Go into system properties>>user profiles find his profile and delete
it. Sounds silly, but I have had many an outlook problem that cost more to
fix than to rebuild.
When he remotes in, is he running outlook on TS or is he running it local?
Post back if you try this and it doesn't work.

"sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey folks, posted this on another board but I know more people in here so
> thought I'd toss this in here as well. Hopefully someone can give me an
> idea
> where to go from here:
>
> Working on an Outlook issue that is really bugging me here. So any help
> you
> might suggest would be great as Google has come up flat on this one.
>
> Win2K Pro w/sp4 machine on a large Exchange network
> Office/Outlook 2000 with all updates applied
>
> When the user clicks on his calender or the Outlook Today shortcuts in
> Outlook 2000 the system locks up and Outlook starts using 95 to 100% of
> cpu
> cycles. But this is only on the office PC, when user remotes in to his
> outlook all works fine so it's not a profile issue.
>
> I've tried the Outlook and Office repair feature, deleting and creating a
> new profile, made sure all the Office & Win2K Updates/Patches have been
> installed. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook and the issue
> remains.
>
> There are no error pop ups when this occurs and I'm not seeing anything
> listed in the error logs from the machine.
>
> Any ideas out there?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Sandworm

=?Utf-8?B?c2FuZHdvcm0=?=

I appreciate the tip, problem is I'm on a temp gig here so I don't have an
outlook acct on the servers & no way to test under my login id on his
machine.

Got a co-worker here who's going to try it so I'm giving him the ticket.
I'll let you know if it worked when I get his feed back.

Thanks Laura.
--
Sandworm

"Laura" wrote:

> Did you try logging on as a dif user on this machine and running outlook
> that way? If no proplem, then delete his user profile from the machine and
> recreate it. (don't forget to save any silly uers files like favorites
> etc...) Go into system properties>>user profiles find his profile and delete
> it. Sounds silly, but I have had many an outlook problem that cost more to
> fix than to rebuild.
> When he remotes in, is he running outlook on TS or is he running it local?
> Post back if you try this and it doesn't work.
>
> "sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey folks, posted this on another board but I know more people in here so
> > thought I'd toss this in here as well. Hopefully someone can give me an
> > idea
> > where to go from here:
> >
> > Working on an Outlook issue that is really bugging me here. So any help
> > you
> > might suggest would be great as Google has come up flat on this one.
> >
> > Win2K Pro w/sp4 machine on a large Exchange network
> > Office/Outlook 2000 with all updates applied
> >
> > When the user clicks on his calender or the Outlook Today shortcuts in
> > Outlook 2000 the system locks up and Outlook starts using 95 to 100% of
> > cpu
> > cycles. But this is only on the office PC, when user remotes in to his
> > outlook all works fine so it's not a profile issue.
> >
> > I've tried the Outlook and Office repair feature, deleting and creating a
> > new profile, made sure all the Office & Win2K Updates/Patches have been
> > installed. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook and the issue
> > remains.
> >
> > There are no error pop ups when this occurs and I'm not seeing anything
> > listed in the error logs from the machine.
> >
> > Any ideas out there?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Sandworm

=?Utf-8?B?c2FuZHdvcm0=?=

Well he never tried this method, ended up just pushing out xp and outlook
2002 to the machine. See if they'd give me access to AD&U I could do that
too! Would have saved me alot of headaches.

I just love temp gigs where they don't give you access to the tools to do
the job!!
--
Sandworm

"Laura" wrote:

> Did you try logging on as a dif user on this machine and running outlook
> that way? If no proplem, then delete his user profile from the machine and
> recreate it. (don't forget to save any silly uers files like favorites
> etc...) Go into system properties>>user profiles find his profile and delete
> it. Sounds silly, but I have had many an outlook problem that cost more to
> fix than to rebuild.
> When he remotes in, is he running outlook on TS or is he running it local?
> Post back if you try this and it doesn't work.
>
> "sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey folks, posted this on another board but I know more people in here so
> > thought I'd toss this in here as well. Hopefully someone can give me an
> > idea
> > where to go from here:
> >
> > Working on an Outlook issue that is really bugging me here. So any help
> > you
> > might suggest would be great as Google has come up flat on this one.
> >
> > Win2K Pro w/sp4 machine on a large Exchange network
> > Office/Outlook 2000 with all updates applied
> >
> > When the user clicks on his calender or the Outlook Today shortcuts in
> > Outlook 2000 the system locks up and Outlook starts using 95 to 100% of
> > cpu
> > cycles. But this is only on the office PC, when user remotes in to his
> > outlook all works fine so it's not a profile issue.
> >
> > I've tried the Outlook and Office repair feature, deleting and creating a
> > new profile, made sure all the Office & Win2K Updates/Patches have been
> > installed. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook and the issue
> > remains.
> >
> > There are no error pop ups when this occurs and I'm not seeing anything
> > listed in the error logs from the machine.
> >
> > Any ideas out there?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Sandworm

Notice the date today? What happened 40 years ago today? richard Computer Support 10 07-29-2009 08:20 PM
After adding Textboxes to calender control, how to get values after Postback? Andreas Klemt ASP .Net 0 02-01-2004 02:54 AM
Calender extension. Night_Seer Firefox 5 09-17-2003 09:39 PM
calender control/caching Paul ASP .Net 0 08-20-2003 09:59 AM

Advertisments