Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Centering the page

Centering the page

jp2express

I have a *very* basic website here:
http://www.joeswelding.biz

Yes, it has GoDaddy banners on it because I do not pay for hosting.

Notice that the table that contains my junky logo is at the left side of the
screen.

In the pages that display on my other links (Contact, Red Trailer, Gray
Trailer, Dump Trucks, and Entry Gate), I use identical tables to display
that same junky logo. In fact, I just copied and pasted them in over and
over (don't understand how to use a header file for this, yet).

My question is: Why do the other pages center the table, but my index page
does not?

Feel free to look at the code. It isn't complex, and they are all identical
as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
~Joe

Blinky the Shark

jp2express wrote:
> I have a *very* basic website here:
> http://www.joeswelding.biz
>
> Yes, it has GoDaddy banners on it because I do not pay for hosting.
>
> Notice that the table that contains my junky logo is at the left side of the
> screen.
>
> In the pages that display on my other links (Contact, Red Trailer, Gray
> Trailer, Dump Trucks, and Entry Gate), I use identical tables to display
> that same junky logo. In fact, I just copied and pasted them in over and
> over (don't understand how to use a header file for this, yet).
>
> My question is: Why do the other pages center the table, but my index page
> does not?

They're all the same here with Firefox. You didn't mention what browser
you are viewing them in, so I trust you've only looked at them with IE;
it's best to let people *know* what tools you're using.

> Feel free to look at the code. It isn't complex, and they are all identical
> as far as I can tell.
>
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Using far too many large images. Not everyone has broadband. Your
pages are too big. Use thumbnails linked to the time-wasting big
images. As the site is, I'd bail and look for another welder.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:53:52
GMT jp2express scribed:

> I have a *very* basic website here:
> http://www.joeswelding.biz
>
> Yes, it has GoDaddy banners on it because I do not pay for hosting.
>
> Notice that the table that contains my junky logo is at the left side
> of the screen.
>
> In the pages that display on my other links (Contact, Red Trailer,
> Gray Trailer, Dump Trucks, and Entry Gate), I use identical tables to
> display that same junky logo. In fact, I just copied and pasted them
> in over and over (don't understand how to use a header file for this,
> yet).
>
> My question is: Why do the other pages center the table, but my index
> page does not?
>
> Feel free to look at the code. It isn't complex, and they are all
> identical as far as I can tell.
>
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Only happens in ie. I'd say fixing your validation errors would probably
fix the designated problem. Somehow or t'other, it looks like the page 1
table is becoming 100% wide.

--
Neredbojias

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> As the site is, I'd bail and look for another welder.

Never trust a welder that can't make good websites. It is always
the first thing I ask when interviewing welders.

--
dorayme

dorayme wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> As the site is, I'd bail and look for another welder.

> Never trust a welder that can't make good websites. It is always
> the first thing I ask when interviewing welders.

no **** huh?
it's how you find the best plumbers too

jp2express

Correct. The page 1 in IE 7 jumps to 100% of the width, but it is the only
one.

You said to fix the validation errors? What validation errors did you find?

"Neredbojias" re-scribed:

> Only happens in ie. I'd say fixing your validation errors would probably
> fix the designated problem. Somehow or t'other, it looks like the page 1
> table is becoming 100% wide.

Blinky the Shark

jp2express wrote:
> Correct. The page 1 in IE 7 jumps to 100% of the width, but it is the only
> one.

Stop top posting. Observe how others in here reply. Emulate.

> You said to fix the validation errors? What validation errors did you find?

The validator found these:

http://tinyurl.com/2lf2p5

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

jp2express

Why? That is where my news reader defaults to.

Personally, I prefer top posts because not everyone knows how to trim their
posts. With top posts, I can scroll through several messages without having
to scroll down on each message to see what was written. Makes since to me,
but I understand it does not to you. Sorry.

"Blinky the Shark" cried:

http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> jp2express wrote:
>> Why? That is where my news reader defaults to.

> http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

you write the book or just cut/copy/paste?

Centering whole page in CSS Scott HTML 3 07-18-2004 12:01 AM
Centering a page of thumbnails =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?= HTML 11 04-06-2004 04:02 AM
Q: Centering flash on page martin weinberger HTML 6 09-29-2003 05:08 AM
Re: Centering image on page? Jerry Muelver HTML 0 06-25-2003 08:27 PM
Re: Centering image on page? Richard HTML 0 06-25-2003 07:53 PM

Advertisments