Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Question

Question

=?Utf-8?B?TWFubnkgQ2hvaGFu?=

Hi Guys,

I am trying to fix a tricky situation at our LAB. We have two servers:
Server 1 with Framework 1.1.4 and Server 2 with 2.0 framework. Our main Site
runs on 1.1.4 framework. We have created second site in 2.0 and loaded on
server 2.

In IIS, we created Virtual Directory with Network Directory access to the
disk on server 2. Permissions are configured too.

When we launch the application using the url
http://server1/applicationname/default.aspx, it results in an error in
Web.Config:

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'. in Config Sections of
Web.Config.

Now is this basically due to Framework mismatch.

Thanks

Alexey Smirnov

On Aug 1, 6:26 pm, Manny Chohan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am trying to fix a tricky situation at our LAB. We have two servers:
> Server 1 with Framework 1.1.4 and Server 2 with 2.0 framework. Our main Site
> runs on 1.1.4 framework. We have created second site in 2.0 and loaded on
> server 2.
>
> In IIS, we created Virtual Directory with Network Directory access to the
> disk on server 2. Permissions are configured too.

What ASP.NET version is configured for applicationname on server1?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFubnkgQ2hvaGFu?=

1.1.4

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On Aug 1, 6:26 pm, Manny Chohan
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I am trying to fix a tricky situation at our LAB. We have two servers:
> > Server 1 with Framework 1.1.4 and Server 2 with 2.0 framework. Our main Site
> > runs on 1.1.4 framework. We have created second site in 2.0 and loaded on
> > server 2.
> >
> > In IIS, we created Virtual Directory with Network Directory access to the
> > disk on server 2. Permissions are configured too.
> >

> What ASP.NET version is configured for applicationname on server1?

Alexey Smirnov

On Aug 2, 2:12 pm, Manny Chohan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 1.1.4

May I ask you why? You have a web application designed for .NET2, so
you should go to the virtual directory properties in IIS on the server
1, create an application (if it's not done) and go to the ASP.NET tab
and change 1.1 to ASP.NET 2. I suppose that helps to run the
application