Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot debug web application "Cannot create/shadow copy ..."

Cannot debug web application "Cannot create/shadow copy ..."

Waldy

Hi there,
does anyone know the cause of this problem. When I press F5
to debug a C# web application, I get an error message that begins "Cannot
create/shadow copy " then various different file names. Sometimes I can
debug, other times I get the message above.

Regards,

Steve W.

Alexey Smirnov

On Aug 1, 3:26 pm, "Waldy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi there,
> does anyone know the cause of this problem. When I press F5
> to debug a C# web application, I get an error message that begins "Cannot
> create/shadow copy " then various different file names. Sometimes I can
> debug, other times I get the message above.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve W.

try to "Clean Solutions" before you build it.
http://www.connect.microsoft.com/Vis...dbackID=227522

Alexey Smirnov

On Aug 1, 3:57 pm, Alexey Smirnov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 3:26 pm, "Waldy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > does anyone know the cause of this problem. When I press F5
> > to debug a C# web application, I get an error message that begins "Cannot
> > create/shadow copy " then various different file names. Sometimes I can
> > debug, other times I get the message above.

> > Regards,

> > Steve W.

> try to "Clean Solutions" before you build it.http://www.connect.microsoft.com/Vis...Workaround.asp...

and there is also a web.config key that might fix it

<hostingEnvironment shadowCopyBinAssemblies="false" />

http://bloggingabout.net/blogs/rick/...dy-exists.aspx

HockeyFan

I get this from time to time. Clean Solution usually fixes it. It
shouldn't be a problem for you.

Waldy

Doing a Clean has no effect. I have to stop the ASP.Net Web Development
server every time it happens, which is starting to get on my nerves. I'll
try the config setting.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...