Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > NTP Broadcast

NTP Broadcast

EdDarby

I have configured one of my Cisco 6500 switches to Broadcast the time
using NTP to a selected source, could anyone please tell me how often
the time will be broadcast please? I can't seem to find the answer in
any Cisco documentation.

Many Thanks

Ry

On Aug 1, 9:44 am, EdDarby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have configured one of my Cisco 6500 switches to Broadcast the time
> using NTP to a selected source, could anyone please tell me how often
> the time will be broadcast please? I can't seem to find the answer in
> any Cisco documentation.
>
> Many Thanks

When the Heartbeat or NTP Broadcast pulse is enabled, Domain Time
Server will send out a broadcast signal at regular intervals. The
interval may be as short as three seconds, or as long as 24 hours. Any
Domain Time Server (Master, Slave, or Independent Server) may be
configured to provide Broadcast Time. The broadcast pulse may be sent
to multiple subnets simultaneously.

Convert to NTP Timestamp Manzoorul Hassan Perl 1 03-11-2005 05:37 PM
ntp from ntp.org Scott Crabb Cisco 5 08-06-2004 09:30 PM
NTP on a 804 chuck Cisco 2 11-13-2003 01:44 AM
NTP on DDR Groper Cisco 6 10-24-2003 02:18 PM
2610 refusing NTP service Ross Vandegrift Cisco 0 07-16-2003 09:45 PM

Advertisments