Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NNTP Server

NNTP Server

arrive.at.vinod@gmail.com

I already have BSNL netone connection. How can I found my News server
name?. Please help me. If there is any free NNTP Server subscription,
please tell more about.

Whiskers

On 2007-08-01, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I already have BSNL netone connection. How can I found my News server
> name?. Please help me. If there is any free NNTP Server subscription,
> please tell more about.

<scratches head>

]$ whois 61.1.232.126
% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 61.0.0.0 - 61.1.255.255
netname: BSNLNET
descr: National Internet Backbone
descr: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
descr: Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001, India
country: IN
[...]

Aha; BSNL is some sort of Internet Service Provider. That's a useful
clue.

<simple web search for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited>

By Jove, they even have a web site! <http://www.bsnl.co.in/index.html>.
There isn't any obvious information there about usenet or newsgroups,
which suggests that they don't offer that particular service. But a
customer of theirs could probably ask them the direct question and expect
a useful answer. I suggest you try that )

A web search such as
<http://www.webcrawler.com/webcrawler...ver/1/417/TopN
avigation/Relevance/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true>
or <http://shortlinks.co.uk/3bi> for short, produces several
possibilities.

I suggest that you look at the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers too, for
current information about free news-servers.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

WhzzKdd

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2007-08-01, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> I already have BSNL netone connection. How can I found my News server
>> name?. Please help me. If there is any free NNTP Server subscription,
>> please tell more about.

> <scratches head>
>
> ]$ whois 61.1.232.126
> % [whois.apnic.net node-2]
> % Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html
>
> inetnum: 61.0.0.0 - 61.1.255.255
> netname: BSNLNET
> descr: National Internet Backbone
> descr: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
> descr: Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001, India
> country: IN
> [...]
>
> Aha; BSNL is some sort of Internet Service Provider. That's a useful
> clue.
>
> <simple web search for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited>
>
> By Jove, they even have a web site! <http://www.bsnl.co.in/index.html>.
> There isn't any obvious information there about usenet or newsgroups,
> which suggests that they don't offer that particular service. But a
> customer of theirs could probably ask them the direct question and expect
> a useful answer. I suggest you try that )
>
> A web search such as
> <http://www.webcrawler.com/webcrawler...ver/1/417/TopN
> avigation/Relevance/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true>
> or <http://shortlinks.co.uk/3bi> for short, produces several
> possibilities.
>
> I suggest that you look at the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers too, for
> current information about free news-servers.

To save a buck or two, I just switched from cable to DSL. Guess what? No
newsgroups on my new ISP. Almost made me switch back. But I found one at
alt.free.newsservers that is doing just fine for now - 216.75.63.64 -
someplace in San Diego.