Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Software for DVD Cam

Software for DVD Cam

Fastmoggy

Hi all,

I have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd video camera/recorder which my daughter gave
me (GOOD FOR ME??)
Problem is it hasn't the software which may make it possible for me to use
on the Pc and to burn a DVD.
I did think that as it was a DVD it would play on a player straight away but
this seems not the case.
Anyway, ive had a look around on the HITACHI webpage but there are no
drivers/software for this camera as it's 'discontinued'
Is there anywhere i can actually go to get this 'software' or have i just
inherited a piece of junk?
Any help please before the binman gets it?
Cheers
Chris in a dry! sunny! nottingham UK
No floods here...yet

Fastmoggy

"Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YoNri.15811$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd video camera/recorder which my daughter
> gave me (GOOD FOR ME??)
> Problem is it hasn't the software which may make it possible for me to use
> on the Pc and to burn a DVD.
> I did think that as it was a DVD it would play on a player straight away
> but this seems not the case.
> Anyway, ive had a look around on the HITACHI webpage but there are no
> drivers/software for this camera as it's 'discontinued'
> Is there anywhere i can actually go to get this 'software' or have i just
> inherited a piece of junk?
> Any help please before the binman gets it?
> Cheers
> Chris in a dry! sunny! nottingham UK
> No floods here...yet

Whilst i think about it..
Why don't 'youngsters' keeps all the bloody packaging?

Thought for the day..well it's taken me most of mine to try and get the
computer to even see the data! use just about everything u can throw at it
so must be something specific to the DVD cam itself

RainKingKC

Looks like you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link
still works, can be downloaded here:
http://users.pandora.be/ivan.dressel...load/Setup.zip
A serial number is required use. If you don't have one already, try
DRBDT-3FK8-ZF3FNFZ7

Once you've downloaded and installed there is an update for the
program here:
http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/s...iealbumSE.html

Fastmoggy

"RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Looks like you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link
> still works, can be downloaded here:
> http://users.pandora.be/ivan.dressel...load/Setup.zip
> A serial number is required use. If you don't have one already, try
> DRBDT-3FK8-ZF3FNFZ7
>
> Once you've downloaded and installed there is an update for the
> program here:
> http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/s...iealbumSE.html

Thanks for that ray of hope!

I see the word PANASONIC in the http line!
is it crucial as i have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd cam?
Is there 'core' program for these dvd cams?
Id of thought each comapny would have their own version for their
product..as they do!

Anyway downloaded program now so will soon find out
Thanks
Chris in Nottingham Uk

RainKingKC

On Jul 31, 4:24 pm, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Looks like you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link
> > still works, can be downloaded here:
> >http://users.pandora.be/ivan.dressel...load/Setup.zip
> > A serial number is required use. If you don't have one already, try
> > DRBDT-3FK8-ZF3FNFZ7

> > Once you've downloaded and installed there is an update for the
> > program here:
> >http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/s...iealbumSE.html

> Thanks for that ray of hope!
>
> I see the word PANASONIC in the http line!
> is it crucial as i have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd cam?
> Is there 'core' program for these dvd cams?
> Id of thought each comapny would have their own version for their
> product..as they do!
>
> Anyway downloaded program now so will soon find out
> Thanks
> Chris in Nottingham Uk

I think both of those companies have the right to that software - let
me know if it works.

Fastmoggy

"RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jul 31, 4:24 pm, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Looks like
>> you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link
>> > still works, can be downloaded here:
>> >http://users.pandora.be/ivan.dressel...load/Setup.zip
>> > A serial number is required use. If you don't have one already, try
>> > DRBDT-3FK8-ZF3FNFZ7

>> > Once you've downloaded and installed there is an update for the
>> > program here:
>> >http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/s...iealbumSE.html

>> Thanks for that ray of hope!
>>
>> I see the word PANASONIC in the http line!
>> is it crucial as i have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd cam?
>> Is there 'core' program for these dvd cams?
>> Id of thought each comapny would have their own version for their
>> product..as they do!
>>
>> Anyway downloaded program now so will soon find out
>> Thanks
>> Chris in Nottingham Uk

> I think both of those companies have the right to that software - let
> me know if it works.

Just downloaded first program ok the code was ok!
now going for update
back soon
only problem is the DVD cam is locked in a loop so i cannot even eject the
disk!
What ever happened to VHS C?
Cheers
Chris

Fastmoggy

"RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jul 31, 4:24 pm, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Looks like
>> you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link
>> > still works, can be downloaded here:
>> >http://users.pandora.be/ivan.dressel...load/Setup.zip
>> > A serial number is required use. If you don't have one already, try
>> > DRBDT-3FK8-ZF3FNFZ7

>> > Once you've downloaded and installed there is an update for the
>> > program here:
>> >http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/s...iealbumSE.html

>> Thanks for that ray of hope!
>>
>> I see the word PANASONIC in the http line!
>> is it crucial as i have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd cam?
>> Is there 'core' program for these dvd cams?
>> Id of thought each comapny would have their own version for their
>> product..as they do!
>>
>> Anyway downloaded program now so will soon find out
>> Thanks
>> Chris in Nottingham Uk

> I think both of those companies have the right to that software - let
> me know if it works.

Well the program works???
It can see the dvd/camcorder when its connected to the computer but it fails
to recognise the format!
The update page isn't working so perhaps it may be that but as im the most
unluciest person on the planet i will o doubt have the only one unit that is
not compatiable with the rest of the world!
Now i think i know why ive ended up with the thing!

Fastmoggy

"Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QdOri.6646$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Jul 31, 4:24 pm, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Looks
>>> like you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link

>>> Thanks for that ray of hope!
>>>
>>> I see the word PANASONIC in the http line!
>>> is it crucial as i have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd cam?
>>> Is there 'core' program for these dvd cams?
>>> Id of thought each comapny would have their own version for their
>>> product..as they do!
>>>
>>> Anyway downloaded program now so will soon find out
>>> Thanks
>>> Chris in Nottingham Uk

>> I think both of those companies have the right to that software - let
>> me know if it works.
>>

> Well the program works???
> It can see the dvd/camcorder when its connected to the computer but it
> fails to recognise the format!
> The update page isn't working so perhaps it may be that but as im the most
> unluciest person on the planet i will o doubt have the only one unit that
> is not compatiable with the rest of the world!
> Now i think i know why ive ended up with the thing!

Check spelling before sending now enabled!
DOH!

pcbutts1

Use windows Movie Maker it's already installed on your pc.

"Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QdOri.6646$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Jul 31, 4:24 pm, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "RainKingKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Looks
>>> like you need DVD-MovieAlbumSE software which, if this link

>>> Thanks for that ray of hope!
>>>
>>> I see the word PANASONIC in the http line!
>>> is it crucial as i have a HITACHI DZ-MV750E dvd cam?
>>> Is there 'core' program for these dvd cams?
>>> Id of thought each comapny would have their own version for their
>>> product..as they do!
>>>
>>> Anyway downloaded program now so will soon find out
>>> Thanks
>>> Chris in Nottingham Uk

>> I think both of those companies have the right to that software - let
>> me know if it works.
>>

> Well the program works???
> It can see the dvd/camcorder when its connected to the computer but it
> fails to recognise the format!
> The update page isn't working so perhaps it may be that but as im the most
> unluciest person on the planet i will o doubt have the only one unit that
> is not compatiable with the rest of the world!
> Now i think i know why ive ended up with the thing!

ded

news:f8oi81$cnd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use windows Movie Maker it's already installed on your pc.

It's not a DV, but a DVD camcorder, the format will be mpeg2 which WMM won't
recognise or work with. It's also a crap DVD camcorder too:
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/camcorders...9192512,00.htm

To the OP, it produces a DVD, in your original post you imply that the DVD
it
produces won't play on a standalone dvd player. It may just be a case
that the DVD requires finalising.
You've downloaded software and you've connected the DVD cam to PC
but you say it won't recognise the format?
Well, how are you connecting the DVD cam to PC, if via USB that is for
transferring
still images from the Hitachi's flash card, it won't transfer video footage.

Place the DVD disk in your PC's DVD drive and then via explorer check if
your PC recognises the disk, if so, check the contents of disk. If you find
VTS folders, vobs etc, then it is standard DVD format.
Import the contents from the disk to a HD folder (My docs etc).
Once you have the contents of the disk on your PC, all dvd burning software
will recognise and be able to burn a new disk from that content.
Surely you have a version of Nero installed on your PC, that will burn a
disk from the imported disk contents.

I've checked the specs of that Hitachi, it only has the USB and analog
connections so you cannot capture footage direct from the Hitachi without an
analog (S-Video) capture device.
Put the DVD in your PC's DVD drive and import to PC.