Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Way to manipulate Flash Video (FLV) files with .NET code?

Way to manipulate Flash Video (FLV) files with .NET code?

noneya22@excite.com

I am building an asp.net 2.0 application and I need to be able to
convert existing FLV files on the server. Specifically, I need to be
able to take an FLV file and convert it to another, smaller/scaled
down FLV file. I'm trying to create a small, preview of the original
FLV file. Is there a .NET library that will allow me to do this?

Thanks!

Mark Fitzpatrick

There aren't very many at all. Aspose has one that worked fairly well to
create regular SWF animations and it does support FLV though I'm not sure if
it can resample them on the fly.
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Flash/ That's actually a pretty tough
task to put a server through since video encoding or re-encoding is rather
an intensive operation.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am building an asp.net 2.0 application and I need to be able to
> convert existing FLV files on the server. Specifically, I need to be
> able to take an FLV file and convert it to another, smaller/scaled
> down FLV file. I'm trying to create a small, preview of the original
> FLV file. Is there a .NET library that will allow me to do this?
>
> Thanks!

You probably know this, and this may not work for your scenario, but if you
have a "throwaway" server available to dedicate to your encoding, Sorenson
Squeeze supports watch folders that will process anything dropped into it
according to a profile or profiles, naming the rendered files predictably.
No good if you don't have a dedicated server.

I imagine Silverlight technologies just might eventually do what you're
looking for, here...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am building an asp.net 2.0 application and I need to be able to
> convert existing FLV files on the server. Specifically, I need to be
> able to take an FLV file and convert it to another, smaller/scaled
> down FLV file. I'm trying to create a small, preview of the original
> FLV file. Is there a .NET library that will allow me to do this?
>
> Thanks!

Samuel R. Neff

I believe you can use ffmpeg to resize an FLV, but that's not .NET
code.

HTH,

Sam

We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.