Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Recommended Load Test software for VS?

Recommended Load Test software for VS?

DC

Hi,

I want to load test a web application. The tool I am looking for must
support variable parameters (e.g. imported from a database), Http
authentification and content checking (must also be able to check
results of ajax calls). Ideally the test should be designable with C#.

I tried www.badboy.com.au, and it is not bad, but I could not get
sufficient load tests (my machine hangs with more than 2 threads and
the reports are too thin).

I like "Application Center Tests" that came with VS 2003, but it lacks
some of the features of the newer tools.

In VS 2005 there is a load test tool but I am unable to test it
because it comes with the "... for Testers" version only, and I have
the "... for Developers" Version. I knew it was only about making more
money when M$ started talking about the several roles in development.
THAT SUCKS! Can I hack it somehow just to try the web tests in VS?

Maybe someone else knows a good tool that does what I want at a
reasonable price.

Regards
DC