Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Finalize a DVD on a PC

Finalize a DVD on a PC

dvd247

Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized by
the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.

DVD247

sandy58

On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized by
> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>
> DVD247

What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
don't give much info to work on, eh?
Top secret DVD work?

dvd247

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
>> by
>> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>>
>> DVD247

> What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
> from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
> don't give much info to work on, eh?
> Top secret DVD work?

The problem DVD was recorded on a Panasonic DMR EH55 direct from a TV
broadcast (to an SL DVD5) and one programme I recorded (the data is on the
disk as I checked with ISOBuster) but this wouldn't finalize wrting data for
that track (got to 84% then hung) and then wouldn't allow me to name or
finalize the DVD on the stand-alone so I hoped I could finalize on my PC.

Is finalizing on PC possible? If so what software does this?

For the record, I use the following to varying degrees (so not familiar with
all functions of some) :
DVDShrink
DVD Decrypter
Nero Recode 2
DVDClone
DVDRebuilder
DVDFab
ImgeBurn
Alcohol 120%
ConvertX2DVD
DVDIdlePro
ImTooDVDCreator
DVD2One
AnyDVD
....but can't find an option to finalize in any of them but I may have
overlooked it.

Must remember to give more information next time.
Cheer Sandy.

DVD247

Jerry

"dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46aeb912$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
> by the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>
> DVD247

Try posting this question to the DVD Recorder forum at
http://www.avsforum.com/
There are a lot of Panny users there and they are very helpful.

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized by
>> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>>
>> DVD247

>What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
>from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
>don't give much info to work on, eh?
>Top secret DVD work?

What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

dvd247

"GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f8rq50$m5j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, sandy58
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
>>> by
>>> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
>>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>>>
>>> DVD247

>>What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
>>from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
>>don't give much info to work on, eh?
>>Top secret DVD work?
>>

> What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

And your point is what? I know what a stand-player is yes thanks, but that's
not what I'm asking about.

DVD247

dvd247

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46b15ec6$0$30623$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46aeb912$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
>> by the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>>
>> DVD247

> Try posting this question to the DVD Recorder forum at
> http://www.avsforum.com/
> There are a lot of Panny users there and they are very helpful.

Thanks Jerry will do.

Jerry

"dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46b1e49c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f8rq50$m5j$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
>> sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
>>>from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
>>>don't give much info to work on, eh?
>>>Top secret DVD work?
>>>

>> What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

> And your point is what? I know what a stand-player is yes thanks, but
> that's not what I'm asking about.
>
> DVD247

GMAN's comment was aimed at Sandy58's reply, not your post.

Bill Vermillion

In article <46b02d45$(E-Mail Removed)>,
dvd247 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
>>> by
>>> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
>>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
>>>
>>> DVD247

>> What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
>> from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
>> don't give much info to work on, eh?
>> Top secret DVD work?
>>

>The problem DVD was recorded on a Panasonic DMR EH55 direct from a TV
>broadcast (to an SL DVD5) and one programme I recorded (the data is on the
>disk as I checked with ISOBuster) but this wouldn't finalize wrting data for
>that track (got to 84% then hung) and then wouldn't allow me to name or
>finalize the DVD on the stand-alone so I hoped I could finalize on my PC.
>
>Is finalizing on PC possible? If so what software does this?
>
>For the record, I use the following to varying degrees (so not familiar with
>all functions of some) :
> DVDShrink
> DVD Decrypter
> Nero Recode 2
> DVDClone
> DVDRebuilder
> DVDFab
> ImgeBurn
> Alcohol 120%
> ConvertX2DVD
> DVDIdlePro
> ImTooDVDCreator
> DVD2One
> AnyDVD
>...but can't find an option to finalize in any of them but I may have
>overlooked it.
>
>Must remember to give more information next time.
>Cheer Sandy.
>
>DVD247

Since you have ISO-buster, why not use that to take the data
from the DVD and place it in a file.

I've done that, but then when I finish the extraction
I used VideoRedo. Often I've had to use the utility to fix
the data-stream in VideoRedo, and that put's out an mpg file that
then is editable in VideoReco.

Since most systems require the disk to be finalized on the system
upon which it was recorded, I think the above scenario will
probably be the best one for you.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

GMAN

In article <46b24e07$0$29642$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"dvd247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:46b1e49c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:f8rq50$m5j$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

>> And your point is what? I know what a stand-player is yes thanks, but
>> that's not what I'm asking about.
>>
>> DVD247

>GMAN's comment was aimed at Sandy58's reply, not your post.

Yup, and I wasnt really trying to put Sandy58 down either, just sticking her
in the ribs a few times with a stick for fun. At least i hope Sandy58 is a
female.