Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 2nd Chance Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

2nd Chance Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Abstract Labs

We have recently deployed our application with the addition of
AJAX.net for the last two weeks we have been suffering deadlock issues
with the application pool. We are in a farmed environment and our
application uses impersionation on a domain security account. We are
using a state server all applications are running the latest patched
version of .NET 2.0 with the latest service patch I have put in place
an app domain unhandled exception handler and found the following
stack associatied with our exception.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
at
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.PollLoc kedSessionCallback(Object
state)
at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Cont ext(Object
state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
at
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode
code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallba ck(Object
state)

I have only found reference to this issue in one other location
http://forums.asp.net/t/1132396.aspx I will attempt to un-install the
security patch but that seems like a very poor solution to this
problem.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24gTS4=?=

Have the same problem here. Did you find a solution?