Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DOSBox 0.71 released today!

DOSBox 0.71 released today!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

DOSBox, the DOS emulator that many in this NG use for running 16-bit apps,
has had a new release today.
This is what they say about this release:
A bugfix release this time, but we couldn't resist adding a few new exciting
features:
Added a new recompiling cpu core which is easier to port!

Added a x86_64 and a mipsel_32 recompiling core.

Fixed hangups on certain platforms after long gameplay of several games.

Fixed several joystick bugs.

Improved cdrom support. (fixes for audio, iso and detection.)

Improved SVGA and VESA. (detection and display)

Fixed a few textmodes and improved ansi emulation a bit.

Fixed pcspeaker and certain types of soundeffects.

Added undocumented mousebackdoor.

Made mount and imgmount a bit easier to use. (ioctl by default, support
for ~ and ~username, auto size guessing for images)

Fix a few compilation problems on various hosts and a general code
cleanup.

Several small fixes that improve compatibility.
The compatibility should be the same as 0.70 aside from the games we fixed
Unquote

Can't wait?
Download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...se_mirror=ufpr

Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?RGVl?=

I downloaded DOSBox .72 and now have a full screen at command prompt.
However, when I go into my DOS accounting program, screen returns to small
size. Is there a way around this?
--
Dee

"Carlos" wrote:

> DOSBox, the DOS emulator that many in this NG use for running 16-bit apps,
> has had a new release today.
> This is what they say about this release:
> A bugfix release this time, but we couldn't resist adding a few new exciting
> features:
> Added a new recompiling cpu core which is easier to port!
>
> Added a x86_64 and a mipsel_32 recompiling core.
>
> Fixed hangups on certain platforms after long gameplay of several games.
>
> Fixed several joystick bugs.
>
> Improved cdrom support. (fixes for audio, iso and detection.)
>
> Improved SVGA and VESA. (detection and display)
>
> Fixed a few textmodes and improved ansi emulation a bit.
>
> Fixed pcspeaker and certain types of soundeffects.
>
> Added undocumented mousebackdoor.
>
> Made mount and imgmount a bit easier to use. (ioctl by default, support
> for ~ and ~username, auto size guessing for images)
>
> Fix a few compilation problems on various hosts and a general code
> cleanup.
>
> Several small fixes that improve compatibility.
> The compatibility should be the same as 0.70 aside from the games we fixed
> Unquote
>
> Can't wait?
> Download it here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...se_mirror=ufpr
>
> Carlos

OT - DOSBox 0.72 released =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= Windows 64bit 0 08-27-2007 10:20 AM
Battlefield 2 New Patch Released (yet Again...) Silverstrand Front Page News 4 07-20-2005 04:33 PM
DOSbox question GraB NZ Computing 5 04-27-2005 04:26 AM
ANN: Anyplace Control 2.6 released Yura Goncharuk Wireless Networking 0 09-28-2004 10:13 AM
Codepage for Win32 dosbox Richard Ivarson Java 1 07-01-2003 08:57 AM

Advertisments