Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Which exam should I take first?

Which exam should I take first?

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYWs=?=

I have to take the 70-290 and 70-086 (SMS) exams for work. Which one should I
take first? I have never taken a MS exam before so pleasea advise.

Thanks!
Ronak

Bill McPherson

I'd recommend 70-290. Although I never have taken 70-086, I think 290 will
be a good base for the exam.

"Ronak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have to take the 70-290 and 70-086 (SMS) exams for work. Which one

should I
> take first? I have never taken a MS exam before so pleasea advise.
>
> Thanks!
> Ronak

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYWs=?=

Thank you. That's what I was thinking but I have heard how tough the 290 is
but I guess it's about the same as the 086.

Which book is recommended for the 290? We have Transcenders so I will be
doing that.

Thanks
Ronak

"Bill McPherson" wrote:

> I'd recommend 70-290. Although I never have taken 70-086, I think 290 will
> be a good base for the exam.
>
> "Ronak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have to take the 70-290 and 70-086 (SMS) exams for work. Which one

> should I
> > take first? I have never taken a MS exam before so pleasea advise.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Ronak

m0rk

one question per day quota reached... all other FAQ's should be routed to
http://www.google.com

m0rk

"Ronak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you. That's what I was thinking but I have heard how tough the 290
> is
> but I guess it's about the same as the 086.
>
> Which book is recommended for the 290? We have Transcenders so I will be
> doing that.
>
> Thanks
> Ronak

Bill McPherson

Use MS Press, it's fine for 290. I don't know how tough 70-086 is, but
70-290 is pretty easy, except for dumb people. Dumb people don't do well,
unless they cheat. Are you a cheater? I don't think so, but we'll be
watching you...

"Ronak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you. That's what I was thinking but I have heard how tough the 290

is
> but I guess it's about the same as the 086.
>
> Which book is recommended for the 290? We have Transcenders so I will be
> doing that.
>
> Thanks
> Ronak
>
> "Bill McPherson" wrote:
>
> > I'd recommend 70-290. Although I never have taken 70-086, I think 290

will
> > be a good base for the exam.
> >
> > "Ronak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have to take the 70-290 and 70-086 (SMS) exams for work. Which one

> > should I
> > > take first? I have never taken a MS exam before so pleasea advise.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Ronak

Neil

did you hear "Bill McPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> 70-290 is pretty easy, except for dumb people. Dumb people don't do
> well, unless they cheat. Are you a cheater? I don't think so, but
> we'll be watching you...

yes I like the cut of your jib Bill. now munge your e-mail addy will ya.
(afore ya get something that requires an injection to cure).

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Confucius say: Don't judge book by cover, but by how thick it is

Neil

did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYWs=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> say
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Which book is recommended for the 290?

Sybex have been my friend but I also like to recommend people go through
the MOC for the exam (courses 2273, 2274, 2275). You should take the
instructor lead courses from me too as it will help pay for my kids
edjamakayshen.

(and definitely take the 290 BEFORE SMS)

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Hangover: the wrath of grapes.

Bill McPherson

Yeah, that's not my e-mail, but adjusted anyways.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

news:Xns96DEACBE658F4neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "Bill McPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > 70-290 is pretty easy, except for dumb people. Dumb people don't do
> > well, unless they cheat. Are you a cheater? I don't think so, but
> > we'll be watching you...
> >

> yes I like the cut of your jib Bill. now munge your e-mail addy will ya.
> (afore ya get something that requires an injection to cure).
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - Confucius say: Don't judge book by cover, but by how thick it is

FrisbeeŽ

"Bill McPherson" <billmcphersonatgtodamail.com> wrote in message
news:uI%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, that's not my e-mail, but adjusted anyways.

Well if you ever aspire to become an MCNGP, I suggest that you DO post a
real, munged e-mail addy. I hate bounced e-mails. This goes not just to
you, but other posters in this here froup who might one day aspire to
achieve the only true, elite certification in IT.