Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Rhetoric and terminology

OT: Rhetoric and terminology

Kline Sphere

>So aside from any valid concerns
>about size and speed the choice of programming language is
>unimportant. It's the programmer that matters.

I agree, if you exclude the non oo based languages like basic, C,
Cobol, there of which should nowadays only be mentioned while watching
the history channel.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
>'programming' language is

Yeah it really bugs me too. I can't stand those people who go on about
'my language is better than yours'; well them and vb users that is!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>Some points to add... The purpose of the software and the need for what it
>does is what guides the choices of language.

Very true, sadly this often driven by what happens to be latest buzz
word, much to gratification of the software vendors I may add.

>If it's for a business environment, the and the costs need to be low, and
>stability is a factor, and so on blah blah blah, choose your 'rapid
>application development' language.

..... Which is able to implement a sound design derived well understood
set of accountable business requirements.

>If it's for some hardcore video compression math experiment and needs to
>perform heavy duty calculations at the lowest level and the costs can be
>justified, and so on blah blah blah, choose your 'optimal performance
>hardcore' language.

Often in such situations, such languages are developed in house.

>At the end of all of this, what I foresee happening is that most, if not
>all, programming languages will use runtimes, and in the case of VB and C++,
>this is already a factor.

This is already the case and has been so for as long as I care to
remember.

>In VB.Net, there's a common language runtime, so I suspect compiled
>applications in either language wind up being about the same type of
>bytecodes.

Yup. Although there are features of c# that are not
permitted/available in vb.net, but sure, they (and any other dot net
language) both generate msil which is what actually gets compiled and
executed.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

m0rk

"/* Microcephalic "Simpson" Bob */" <@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> So, the short form: 1. IT experience, got it, and I kick @$$. 2. You're
> too stupid to decide if I'm crazy, and you're probably crazy if you think
> I'm crazy. 3. You suck.
>
> Microcephalic S. Bob
> http://www.mcngp.com/ - we've decided your crazy by remote control.

Hey Bob,

Can you do a short form for all your messages? please?

Thanks in advance,
m0rk

Neil

did you hear "m0rk" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
newsXf_e.1129$(E-Mail Removed):

> "/* Microcephalic "Simpson" Bob */" <@> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> So, the short form: 1. IT experience, got it, and I kick @$$. 2.
>> You're too stupid to decide if I'm crazy, and you're probably crazy
>> if you think I'm crazy. 3. You suck.
>>
>> Microcephalic S. Bob
>> http://www.mcngp.com/ - we've decided your crazy by remote control.

> Hey Bob,
>
> Can you do a short form for all your messages? please?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> m0rk

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa-men...

pass the visine...

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- I read the FM, and it didn't work.

/* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

>> Can you do a short form for all your messages? please?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> m0rk

If you want a short form for all of my messages, you might also consider
riding the short bus to school in the morning. Because clearly, it's too
much work for you to read anything longer than a one liner, and requires too
much thought to comment with a well conceived response. And that is more
than enough to demonstrate the sad state of affairs in todays youth, the
total unwillingness to learn and no desire whatsoever to better their fellow
man. Because, you see, when dinosaurs walked the Earth, and Australopithicus
was king, a new form of communication began to emerge amongst the ape things
now known as man. Some called them runes, some called them wards or glyphs.
Others called them simply cave paintings. This form of communication is now
called writing, prose, and vassilating. But the truth is, this new form of
communication was the basis for all forms of communication that were to
follow, and these forms of communication -- typography, calligraphy,
terminology and rhetoric, paleontology and pudding, network protocols and
sockets layers, broadcast technology and cable television -- they all
required something that people weren't prepared for, the requirement of
thought, because you had to strain your mind in order to understand them,
because they were just another way of letting you know that you weren't in
control of reality, that you couldn't have the banana like you used to
because it was morally wrong to have the banana, and because they were
devices of the anarchy that comes from too many gallons of written words
being poured over you like a bucket of yeasty blue-green bread that has
spent a week fermenting and reminds you of the underbelly of a marmuset in
heat when there is gravy congealing on the sidewalk and in the valley the
corpuscles of the slain monarchs were encased in granite for thousands and
thousands of years when I suddenly realised that disco is dead and I had
just finished imbibing over five sextillion, two hundred twelve quintillion,
one hundred forty-seven quadrillion, seven hundred eighty-eight trillion,
five hundred thirty-four billion, three hundred fourteen million, one
hundred fifty-one thousand, five hundred forty-four gallons of salad
dreassing sideways when the milkmaid found me and she saw that I was
unconscious she decided it was time to move to new mexico with my brother
and his three-legged jar of pastry treats that just went into the bathroom
wearing nothing but a pair of silk pajamas and whispered quietly that there
wasn't any oatmeal in the refrigerator because the cappacino machine had
been eaten by the al pachino machine in the desert with dessert and sadly,
todays youth, have nothing but the total unwillingness to learn and no
desire to better their fellow man.

Amen.

MitchS

"/* Microcephalic "Simpson" Bob */" <@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>snipped for sanity's sake<

Pass me some of what you're smokin'
--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

Ogre

/* Microcephalic "Simpson" Bob */ wrote:
it's too much work for you to read anything longer than a one liner,
and requires too
> much thought to comment with a well conceived response. And that is more
> than enough to demonstrate the sad state of affairs in todays youth

All that and participation ribbions too. Every kid today gets some type
of fuskin award...student of the month my a$$, citizenship smidinship,
the politically correct bs has got to stop somewhere.

Today kids are being taught in a "team" format, they get out of
school....yeah college grads get a job and then can't think for
themselves. Oh don't forget the part about always looking for a pat on
the back for DOING THEIR FUSKING JOB, imagine paying someone to do a job
and then having their feelings hurt because someone is not there to tell
them just how fusking great they are.... Wait let me get you a fusking
participation ribbon for answering a fusking question from a few
lusers... good job you fusking pantywaste.

MitchS

"Ogre" <iaogreatgmaildot@com> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>Wait let me get you a fusking participation ribbon for answering a fusking
>question from a few lusers... good job you fusking pantywaste.

You sound bitter, are you bitter?
--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

LnkWizard

"Ogre" <iaogreatgmaildot@com> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> /* Microcephalic "Simpson" Bob */ wrote:
> it's too much work for you to read anything longer than a one liner,
> and requires too
> > much thought to comment with a well conceived response. And that is more
> > than enough to demonstrate the sad state of affairs in todays youth

> All that and participation ribbions too. Every kid today gets some type
> of fuskin award...student of the month my a$$, citizenship smidinship,
> the politically correct bs has got to stop somewhere.
>
> Today kids are being taught in a "team" format, they get out of
> school....yeah college grads get a job and then can't think for
> themselves. Oh don't forget the part about always looking for a pat on
> the back for DOING THEIR FUSKING JOB, imagine paying someone to do a job
> and then having their feelings hurt because someone is not there to tell
> them just how fusking great they are.... Wait let me get you a fusking
> participation ribbon for answering a fusking question from a few
> lusers... good job you fusking pantywaste.

PotD?

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com