Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Rhetoric and terminology

OT: Rhetoric and terminology

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, catwalker63 spewed across the ether:

> I think you are confusing this troll with the one called lowdes. Unless
> they are two personalities of the same person. lowedes was accepting
> members and Simp makes up this arbitrary, meaningless league table every
> week or so. Perhaps you've seen it?
>
> Simp is trying to bait McBob 'cause he took over the league table and
> made it better. Come to think of it, he took over lowdes AMCNGP too.
> hmmmmm . . . Could be a connection after all . . . .

Quite right you are. I've been on vacation and seem to have lost track of
which luser is which. After a while, they all seem alike.

Personally, I think they/it are minions of Paisely Skye sent over from
icertify on scouting missions. They report back with the number of times we
mention her name when they drop off her medications at the basket factory.

--
JaR
Thug 10110

LnkWizard

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, catwalker63 spewed across the ether:

Paisely Skye

> JaR
> Thug 10110
> MCNGP.com Dept of Conspiracies

You say bad word

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com

m0rk

ha ha ha...

> VB 'programmer'

you make me laff.
m0rk

"Frisbee®" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nevermind Simp. I thought it was hilarious, and I'm a VB programmer.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:

> but, but, but,,,, he puts visual basic down on his r‚sum‚ as a *skill*

You just scared the bejayzus outta the cat!

--
JaR
Thug 10110

kpg

m0rk <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\173044.htm (9/26/2005
> 1:24:20 PM) # ha ha ha...
>
>> VB 'programmer'

> you make me laff.
> m0rk

If you knew how much software was actually written in
VB it would scare you.

m0rk

"kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
news:Xns96DD8894DFD2Fipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
> If you knew how much software was actually written in
> VB it would scare you.

Ignorance is bliss

Neil

did you hear "m0rk" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:NDXZe.1011$TL4.591
@newsfe4-win.ntli.net:

> Ignorance is bliss

and I'm teh happiest man on the planet

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Hit me, beat me, make me write COBOL!

/* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
'programming' language is, but... Both VB and C are the same.

news:1gWZe.983$(E-Mail Removed)...

/* Microcephalic \"Simpson\" Bob */ <@> said something like

> # Name-Host Conflict: file://c:\temp\173083.htm (9/26/2005 4:35:31 PM) #
> Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
> 'programming' language is, but... Both VB and C are the same.

Actually it can be proven that all programming languages are
equivlent. They can all solve any computalbe function and
can't solve any non-computable function, as in the halting
problem. The simplist language, one composed of an increment
function, a test for zero and a jump can be used to write
any program. But from experience I can tell you the code
gets VERY large VERY fast. So aside from any valid concerns
about size and speed the choice of programming language is
unimportant. It's the programmer that matters.

kp "It ain't the tool, it's the engineer." g

/* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

> /* Microcephalic \"Simpson\" Bob */ <@> said something like
>
>> # Name-Host Conflict: file://c:\temp\173083.htm (9/26/2005 4:35:31 PM) #
>> Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
>> 'programming' language is, but... Both VB and C are the same.

> Actually it can be proven that all programming languages are
> equivlent. They can all solve any computalbe function and
> can't solve any non-computable function, as in the halting
> problem. The simplist language, one composed of an increment
> function, a test for zero and a jump can be used to write
> any program. But from experience I can tell you the code
> gets VERY large VERY fast. So aside from any valid concerns
> about size and speed the choice of programming language is
> unimportant. It's the programmer that matters.
>
> kp "It ain't the tool, it's the engineer." g

What am I going to do, argue with you?

Some points to add... The purpose of the software and the need for what it
does is what guides the choices of language.

If it's for a business environment, the and the costs need to be low, and
stability is a factor, and so on blah blah blah, choose your 'rapid
application development' language.

If it's for some hardcore video compression math experiment and needs to
perform heavy duty calculations at the lowest level and the costs can be
justified, and so on blah blah blah, choose your 'optimal performance
hardcore' language.

At the end of all of this, what I foresee happening is that most, if not
all, programming languages will use runtimes, and in the case of VB and C++,
this is already a factor.

In VB.Net, there's a common language runtime, so I suspect compiled
applications in either language wind up being about the same type of
bytecodes.

But the processor gets faster and the operating system gets beefier. So
performance factors in programming languages are a moot point.

It's the budget that matters.