Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTTP POST only knowing server IP and port number

HTTP POST only knowing server IP and port number

Vesna Sarajevo

Hi all!

I have to pass a SOAP message to a server, and I know only server IP
and
the port number. I was gonna do it from a form, using WebRequest Class
and
StreamWriter to fetch the result. What I don't know is how to pass
this port and
server IP instead of URL?

Should I do this some other way instead?

Thanx in advance

Eliyahu Goldin

Use something like

HttpWebRequest myReq
=(HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://10.10.10.10:4567");

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

"Vesna Sarajevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi all!
>
> I have to pass a SOAP message to a server, and I know only server IP
> and
> the port number. I was gonna do it from a form, using WebRequest Class
> and
> StreamWriter to fetch the result. What I don't know is how to pass
> this port and
> server IP instead of URL?
>
> Should I do this some other way instead?
>
> Thanx in advance

Finding SMTP host and port knowing the e-mail address using JAVA API Andreea Java 0 04-21-2012 07:12 PM
Http post and http get n3d!m Python 2 02-06-2012 09:18 PM
How to get the path of remotly run application by knowing the port number sundy.jk@gmail.com Java 3 04-05-2005 05:40 AM
Re:Post about the post sent earlier about blooming NTL and their number change with gearbox......Help?? It's happened! ziggy Computer Support 26 10-22-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments