Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Mouseover problem with tables....

Mouseover problem with tables....

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andreas_Gr=E4ber?=

Hi.

I have a problem with the code located at
http://v3.pzka.de/templates/pzka1/screen/search.tpl (only part of a
bigger template, not functional).

I want to open the box when there is a mouseover, and close it when the
mouse is out of the div (or the table, I've tried both). The problem is,
when you move the mouse over the rows of the table, the mouseout
function is called. Any Idea how to solve this?

Thanks.
Andi

rf

"Andreas Gräber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46ada3bc$0$31634$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
> Hi.
>
> I have a problem with the code located at
> http://v3.pzka.de/templates/pzka1/screen/search.tpl (only part of a bigger
> template, not functional).

If it is not functional then how do you expect us to test it for you?

Post a working URL, not a bunch of text.

> I want to open the box

What box?

> when there is a mouseover, and close it when the
> mouse is out of the div (or the table, I've tried both). The problem is,
> when you move the mouse over the rows of the table, the mouseout function
> is called.

Yes, it is. The mouse cursor has moved out of the div into the row (that
only happens to live inside the div) or more likely, onto one of the cells.

> Any Idea how to solve this?

Er...

In the onmouseout function check to see if the cursor is still within the
div. If so then don't do anything.

--
Richard.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_Gr=E4ber?=

rf schrieb:
> "Andreas Gräber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46ada3bc$0$31634$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a problem with the code located at
>> http://v3.pzka.de/templates/pzka1/screen/search.tpl (only part of a bigger
>> template, not functional).

> If it is not functional then how do you expect us to test it for you?
> Post a working URL, not a bunch of text.

http://v3.pzka.de/index.php?content=screen_fotos

When you move the mouse over the "Fotos suchen" box it flickers every
time when the mousepointer crosses a row of the underlining table.

>> when there is a mouseover, and close it when the
>> mouse is out of the div (or the table, I've tried both). The problem is,
>> when you move the mouse over the rows of the table, the mouseout function
>> is called.

> Yes, it is. The mouse cursor has moved out of the div into the row (that
> only happens to live inside the div) or more likely, onto one of the cells.
>
> In the onmouseout function check to see if the cursor is still within the
> div. If so then don't do anything.

The div includes the whole table, so the spaces between the rows should
be included to the div also... but IE acts like the spaces between the
rows are outside of the div.

rf

"Andreas Gräber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46adbbe1$0$20999$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
> rf schrieb:
>> "Andreas Gräber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:46ada3bc$0$31634$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I have a problem with the code located at
>>> http://v3.pzka.de/templates/pzka1/screen/search.tpl (only part of a
>>> bigger

> http://v3.pzka.de/index.php?content=screen_fotos

Ah, it now becomes clear, and it's not at all what I thought it was from
your prior post. See (all) how important a URL is?

You should also have mentioned that this only happens with IE. I spent a
good three minutes trying to spot your error (needless to say I don't use IE
as my primary browser).

> When you move the mouse over the "Fotos suchen" box it flickers every time
> when the mousepointer crosses a row of the underlining table.

IE bug. A Nice One IE6 and IE7 and even IE5.5, but with even more
problems.

Sorry but my interest has just disappeared.

Report the bug to microsoft <grin> or try a different construct.

And please get rid of that marquee. It totally distracts the eye away from
your content.

--
Richard.

Bergamot

rf wrote:

> And please get rid of that marquee. It totally distracts the eye away from
> your content.

FYI, if you use a gecko-based browser you can permanently disable
marquees so you'll never be bothered by them again. Just add to your
user-content.css:

marquee {
-moz-binding:none;
overflow:auto;
display:block;
}

--
Berg

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Bergamot wrote:

> Just add to your user-content.css:

userContent.css on mine. Is there a difference?

--
-bts

rf

"Bergamot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rf wrote:
>>
>> And please get rid of that marquee. It totally distracts the eye away
>> from
>> your content.

> FYI, if you use a gecko-based browser you can permanently disable
> marquees so you'll never be bothered by them again.

But then I'll never be able to bitch about them in usenet posts.

--
Richard.

Blinky the Shark

Bergamot wrote:

> FYI, if you use a gecko-based browser you can permanently disable
> marquees so you'll never be bothered by them again. Just add to your
> user-content.css:
>
> marquee {
> -moz-binding:none;
> overflow:auto;
> display:block;
> }

Nifty! Thanks.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Bergamot

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Bergamot wrote:
>
>> Just add to your user-content.css:

> userContent.css on mine. Is there a difference?

Yeah, typo on my part, but it should be obvious what the correct name is
once you look in your chrome directory.

--
Berg

Mouseover problem Jim Webster Javascript 0 12-09-2006 04:39 PM
Mouseover problem in Firefox chriswalls0024@yahoo.com Javascript 2 08-28-2005 03:49 PM
VB.NET/Netscape/Javacript Mouseover Problem JJ_377@hotmail.com Javascript 3 03-09-2005 02:41 PM
MouseOver problem Mike HTML 5 06-30-2004 11:40 PM
Javascript Mouseover Problem richk Javascript 3 05-29-2004 01:21 PM

Advertisments