Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > APC UPS and Serial to USB Cable

APC UPS and Serial to USB Cable

george.bozovic@gmail.com

Hi,
My friend moved out of the country so he donated to me an agining APC
Smart UPS 1400. I replaced the battery and it works fine. However, I
notice to have the UPS interface with the computer (hence, shut down
the computer if power goes down) it uses RS-232 serial port.

Is it possible to get a USB to Serial adapter and use that instead of
the serial port to interact with the APC software?

Thanks!

Re: APC smart ups 600 Enkidu NZ Computing 0 06-14-2008 01:34 AM
Re: APC smart ups 600 EMB NZ Computing 1 06-13-2008 10:51 PM
Re: APC smart ups 600 RL NZ Computing 0 06-13-2008 09:09 PM
APC UPS USB as "Unknown Device" edavid3001@gmail.com Computer Information 6 09-11-2007 08:08 PM
Forsale APC Back-UPS PRO BP1400 Pacman Computer Information 0 02-22-2006 03:44 PM

Advertisments