Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > "This copy did not pass genuine validation"Please help!

"This copy did not pass genuine validation"Please help!

=?Utf-8?B?am9uZXNjb3VudHJ5MjAwNw==?=

In addition to my original question, here is a little more information. I
hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that the same as
Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my computer
when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even Vista and
other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of Windows,and
it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not have any
software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you again for
your time and help.

miso@sushi.com

On Jul 28, 9:14 pm, jonescountry2007
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In addition to my original question, here is a little more information. I
> hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that the same as
> Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my computer
> when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even Vista and
> other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of Windows,and
> it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not have any
> software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you again for
> your time and help.

Try linux. It is free.
http://distrowatch.com/

So AOL connects to MSN?
207.46.19.197

Charlie Russel - MVP

What it means is that your computer doesn't have a legal operating system on
it. Pretty simple, really. The only solution is to put a legal copy on it.
You can contact MS at the web address suggested (I'd start at:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/sel...displaylang=en )

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"jonescountry2007" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In addition to my original question, here is a little more information. I
> hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that the same
> as
> Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my
> computer
> when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even Vista
> and
> other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of
> Windows,and
> it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not have
> any
> software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you again for
> your time and help.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Windows 2000 and Windows XP are different, Windows XP was released
about 2 years after Windows 2000

Since the computer was bought at a garage sale and you do not have the
media, it is probable windows is not legitimate.
Is there a sticker "Certificate of authenticity" affixed to the
computer somewhere?
If not, Windows is most certainly illegitimate.

It is not uncommon for people to sell computers with illegitimate
Windows installed.

You may need to purchase Windows if you want to continue to use
Windows.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"jonescountry2007" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In addition to my original question, here is a little more
> information. I
> hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that
> the same as
> Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my
> computer
> when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even
> Vista and
> other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of
> Windows,and
> it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not
> have any
> software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you
> again for
> your time and help.

miso@sushi.com

On Jul 28, 11:49 pm, "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Windows 2000 and Windows XP are different, Windows XP was released
> about 2 years after Windows 2000
>
> Since the computer was bought at a garage sale and you do not have the
> media, it is probable windows is not legitimate.
> Is there a sticker "Certificate of authenticity" affixed to the
> computer somewhere?
> If not, Windows is most certainly illegitimate.
>
> It is not uncommon for people to sell computers with illegitimate
> Windows installed.
>
> You may need to purchase Windows if you want to continue to use
> Windows.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]http://www3.telus.net/dandemarhttp://www.dts-l.org
>
> "jonescountry2007" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > In addition to my original question, here is a little more
> > information. I
> > hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that
> > the same as
> > Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my
> > computer
> > when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even
> > Vista and
> > other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of
> > Windows,and
> > it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not
> > have any
> > software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you
> > again for
> > your time and help.

Just an FYI, win2kpro doesn't have a validity check.

John Barnes

He asked about Windows XP Professional SP1 not Windows 2000. He only asked
if Windows 2000 was the same.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...