Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Onecare beta for Vista 64

Onecare beta for Vista 64

Kue2

The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare Beta
version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

Spanky daMonkey

IT IS BETA.

Things like that WILL happen. Don't worry about it.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
> cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
> Beta version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

Richard G. Harper

If you are having problems with a beta product, you should report it via the
accepted beta contact or feedback channels.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
> cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
> Beta version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

StephenB

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
>cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare Beta
>version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

The Safety Scanner forums are here -
http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/...px?BoardID=225

-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

Rick Rogers

DO worry about it, and don't run beta software in a production system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Spanky daMonkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> IT IS BETA.
>
> Things like that WILL happen. Don't worry about it.
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
>> cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
>> Beta version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

Ian Betts

Ian

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
> cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
> Beta version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

If your not a really experienced user then I would leave this OneCare well
alone. Its in its BETA form and that means experimental.

Kue2

Finally, Thank-you Stephen.

"StephenB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
>>cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
>>Beta
>>version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

> The Safety Scanner forums are here -
> http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/...px?BoardID=225
>
> -steve
> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
> (E-Mail Removed)

StephenB

You're welcome. If you don't get a response there and the problem persists,
email me and I'll see if I can find out how that team wants feedback.
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
(E-Mail Removed)

Tony Sperling

Excuse me - but there is nothing experimental about ironing out the
wrinkles!

Experiments are dealt with in the mock-up phase, which you'll never see.

Tony. . .

"Ian Betts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
> Ian
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
> > cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
> > Beta version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

> If your not a really experienced user then I would leave this OneCare well
> alone. Its in its BETA form and that means experimental.

Kue2

that a boy Tony,don't u just luv the silly answers......lol .......u sure
have to wad through the fud......these days.

news:eJ$(E-Mail Removed)...