Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Employment Sites?

Reply
Thread Tools

Employment Sites?

 
 
/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCNGP #46 With Hyper-Threading Technology And A Strap On Boot S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...

I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the potential
that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.

As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact methods
which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right people.
Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services. I'm
currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a week, but
nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my resume, but
time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have this matter
resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.

Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match up
resources. Advice in this area may be useful.

Making this information public may be useful in helping others with similar
questions.

I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in pursuing
appropriate certifications.

If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a short
term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make it
worth their while.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.

Rob Lindman
"Microcephalic S. Bob"
mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel
fine.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Rev [MCT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
Bob Ping me. If you don't have my personal email ping Neil for it. I can
hook you up with a few Recruiters I'm in contact with..

--
rev

MCT/MCNGP #44
..
"/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCNGP #46 With Hyper-Threading
Technology And A Strap On Boot Sector] | Voted 0.0 In The League Table On My
First Try! */" <@> wrote in message
news:e$2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
>
> I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the
> potential that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.
>
> As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact
> methods which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right
> people. Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services.
> I'm currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a
> week, but nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my
> resume, but time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have
> this matter resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
>
> Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match
> up resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
>
> Making this information public may be useful in helping others with
> similar questions.
>
> I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
> website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in
> pursuing appropriate certifications.
>
> If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a short
> term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
> free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
> someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make
> it worth their while.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
>
> Rob Lindman
> "Microcephalic S. Bob"
> mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I
> feel fine.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
/* MCSB MCNGP #46 */
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
Rev,

Please visit: http://www.roblindman.com/contact.php , put anything as Name,
anything as Subject, your address as email address, and anything as the
message, and I'll be able to get in touch with you.

Thanks for your offer,
MCSB MCNGP #46 MCNGP.COM WE'RE HERE TO HELP


"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bob Ping me. If you don't have my personal email ping Neil for it. I can
> hook you up with a few Recruiters I'm in contact with..
>
> --
> rev
>
> MCT/MCNGP #44
> .
> "/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCNGP #46 With Hyper-Threading
> Technology And A Strap On Boot Sector] | Voted 0.0 In The League Table On
> My First Try! */" <@> wrote in message
> news:e$2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
>>
>> I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the
>> potential that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively
>> dismal.
>>
>> As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact
>> methods which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right
>> people. Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services.
>> I'm currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a
>> week, but nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my
>> resume, but time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to
>> have this matter resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
>>
>> Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match
>> up resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
>>
>> Making this information public may be useful in helping others with
>> similar questions.
>>
>> I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
>> website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in
>> pursuing appropriate certifications.
>>
>> If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a
>> short term contract to assist me in improving my current situation,
>> please feel free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If
>> you know someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing
>> to make it worth their while.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
>>
>> Rob Lindman
>> "Microcephalic S. Bob"
>> mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I
>> feel fine.
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?NHg0aXNsaWZl?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
I have had a lot of experience with headhunters in Aus.

Not sure if the headhunters work the same way where you are. In Aus they get
a commission for placing you in a full time position. Usually a substantial
percentage (20% is not uncommon) from the employer of your full time yearly
salary. This is paid by the employer here and not by the employee.

If you are a contractor they take a $ rate per hour. In Australia most
headhunters are happy to disclose this $ rate if you ask. The rate taken can
vary from as low as $3 per hour up to $15.50 per hour (That was the highest
ive come across). Its usually a good idea to have a good understanding of
this stuff up front.

I have found when contracting this is not a problem provided you are happy
with the rate you are earning. It can be a nasty shock when you are earning a
$50/hour and you discover that the headhunter is charging you to the client
at $100/hour though. As a contractor you want as much as possible in your
pocket. There is no reason that a headhunter should earn this much from you
but they will if they can. Its nothing personal. Their job is to get the best
deal for themselves. Your job is to get the best deal for you

The other overhead here as a contractor is fees paid to salary management
companies. Typically the fee is around 3-4% of your before tax salary. This
may seem high but I have found that the tax savings these guys can help with
more than offset this cost. This covers stuff like salary packaging, PI
Insurance and Income protection.

As a contractor you ideally want to be making 20-30% more than you would as
a full time employee to offset the benefits you get from full time work here.

Hope this is some help to you mate.

--
BB
----------------
4x4 > all
Canberra, Australia


"/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCN" wrote:

> Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
>
> I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the potential
> that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.
>
> As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact methods
> which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right people.
> Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services. I'm
> currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a week, but
> nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my resume, but
> time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have this matter
> resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
>
> Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match up
> resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
>
> Making this information public may be useful in helping others with similar
> questions.
>
> I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
> website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in pursuing
> appropriate certifications.
>
> If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a short
> term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
> free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
> someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make it
> worth their while.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
>
> Rob Lindman
> "Microcephalic S. Bob"
> mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel
> fine.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
/* MCSB MCNGP #46 */
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
I appreciate your insight.

At this point, I'm looking to get back in the workplace and build my cash
reserves back up. If there's a sacrifice to be made to get into that
position, I've no problem with it.

I have obstacles to overcome, mainly my minimal amount of startup finances
and my transportation deficiency. I had no car during my last position in
Seattle because I could take a cab or walk to work. I was forced to
disburse my savings in various ways, although I've done a lot of
self-education in the interim to try and stay 'hip'.

Economic conditions brought on by a disaster on the national scale dated
similar to today forced cutbacks at the company I was working for, among
other issues there, and I was totally unprepared, similar to what another
member of this group has experienced. I had no real experience looking for
my own work, and I've tried various things, now I'm determined to find an
effective answer to the problem, both in the short term and the long term.

However, I do have a strong skillset and experience, I'm willing to
relocate, willing to cut a break on salary, and it would not cost much to
relocate me, I'm single with no pets and have moved by mail on three
occasions to survive.

Of course, I could assume that these are insurmountable obstacles, but that
wouldn't get me anywhere. So I'll play the hand I've been dealt. Ask for
help, take it in the backside where I have to, and grit my teeth to get it
together.

Again, thanks for the info.

MCSB

"4x4islife" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have had a lot of experience with headhunters in Aus.
>
> Not sure if the headhunters work the same way where you are. In Aus they
> get
> a commission for placing you in a full time position. Usually a
> substantial
> percentage (20% is not uncommon) from the employer of your full time
> yearly
> salary. This is paid by the employer here and not by the employee.
>
> If you are a contractor they take a $ rate per hour. In Australia most
> headhunters are happy to disclose this $ rate if you ask. The rate taken
> can
> vary from as low as $3 per hour up to $15.50 per hour (That was the
> highest
> ive come across). Its usually a good idea to have a good understanding of
> this stuff up front.
>
> I have found when contracting this is not a problem provided you are happy
> with the rate you are earning. It can be a nasty shock when you are
> earning a
> $50/hour and you discover that the headhunter is charging you to the
> client
> at $100/hour though. As a contractor you want as much as possible in your
> pocket. There is no reason that a headhunter should earn this much from
> you
> but they will if they can. Its nothing personal. Their job is to get the
> best
> deal for themselves. Your job is to get the best deal for you
>
> The other overhead here as a contractor is fees paid to salary management
> companies. Typically the fee is around 3-4% of your before tax salary.
> This
> may seem high but I have found that the tax savings these guys can help
> with
> more than offset this cost. This covers stuff like salary packaging, PI
> Insurance and Income protection.
>
> As a contractor you ideally want to be making 20-30% more than you would
> as
> a full time employee to offset the benefits you get from full time work
> here.
>
> Hope this is some help to you mate.
>
> --
> BB
> ----------------
> 4x4 > all
> Canberra, Australia
>
>
> "/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCN" wrote:
>
>> Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
>>
>> I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the
>> potential
>> that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.
>>
>> As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact
>> methods
>> which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right people.
>> Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services. I'm
>> currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a week,
>> but
>> nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my resume,
>> but
>> time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have this
>> matter
>> resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
>>
>> Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match
>> up
>> resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
>>
>> Making this information public may be useful in helping others with
>> similar
>> questions.
>>
>> I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
>> website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in
>> pursuing
>> appropriate certifications.
>>
>> If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a
>> short
>> term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
>> free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
>> someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make
>> it
>> worth their while.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
>>
>> Rob Lindman
>> "Microcephalic S. Bob"
>> mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I
>> feel
>> fine.
>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?NHg0aXNsaWZl?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
Mate I love your attitude. Shame you are not in Canberra. Always need
positive people where I work

Headhunters are still an option. They dont take any money up front here.
That means they are very keen to find you a position as if you dont get a job
they dont get squat. Give them a call. I cant imagine that it ismuch
different where you are.

Something will definately come up for you. People that look for the good in
life and dont focus on their problems always to ok

--
BB
----------------
4x4 > all
Canberra, Australia


"/* MCSB MCNGP #46 */" wrote:

> I appreciate your insight.
>
> At this point, I'm looking to get back in the workplace and build my cash
> reserves back up. If there's a sacrifice to be made to get into that
> position, I've no problem with it.
>
> I have obstacles to overcome, mainly my minimal amount of startup finances
> and my transportation deficiency. I had no car during my last position in
> Seattle because I could take a cab or walk to work. I was forced to
> disburse my savings in various ways, although I've done a lot of
> self-education in the interim to try and stay 'hip'.
>
> Economic conditions brought on by a disaster on the national scale dated
> similar to today forced cutbacks at the company I was working for, among
> other issues there, and I was totally unprepared, similar to what another
> member of this group has experienced. I had no real experience looking for
> my own work, and I've tried various things, now I'm determined to find an
> effective answer to the problem, both in the short term and the long term.
>
> However, I do have a strong skillset and experience, I'm willing to
> relocate, willing to cut a break on salary, and it would not cost much to
> relocate me, I'm single with no pets and have moved by mail on three
> occasions to survive.
>
> Of course, I could assume that these are insurmountable obstacles, but that
> wouldn't get me anywhere. So I'll play the hand I've been dealt. Ask for
> help, take it in the backside where I have to, and grit my teeth to get it
> together.
>
> Again, thanks for the info.
>
> MCSB
>
> "4x4islife" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have had a lot of experience with headhunters in Aus.
> >
> > Not sure if the headhunters work the same way where you are. In Aus they
> > get
> > a commission for placing you in a full time position. Usually a
> > substantial
> > percentage (20% is not uncommon) from the employer of your full time
> > yearly
> > salary. This is paid by the employer here and not by the employee.
> >
> > If you are a contractor they take a $ rate per hour. In Australia most
> > headhunters are happy to disclose this $ rate if you ask. The rate taken
> > can
> > vary from as low as $3 per hour up to $15.50 per hour (That was the
> > highest
> > ive come across). Its usually a good idea to have a good understanding of
> > this stuff up front.
> >
> > I have found when contracting this is not a problem provided you are happy
> > with the rate you are earning. It can be a nasty shock when you are
> > earning a
> > $50/hour and you discover that the headhunter is charging you to the
> > client
> > at $100/hour though. As a contractor you want as much as possible in your
> > pocket. There is no reason that a headhunter should earn this much from
> > you
> > but they will if they can. Its nothing personal. Their job is to get the
> > best
> > deal for themselves. Your job is to get the best deal for you
> >
> > The other overhead here as a contractor is fees paid to salary management
> > companies. Typically the fee is around 3-4% of your before tax salary.
> > This
> > may seem high but I have found that the tax savings these guys can help
> > with
> > more than offset this cost. This covers stuff like salary packaging, PI
> > Insurance and Income protection.
> >
> > As a contractor you ideally want to be making 20-30% more than you would
> > as
> > a full time employee to offset the benefits you get from full time work
> > here.
> >
> > Hope this is some help to you mate.
> >
> > --
> > BB
> > ----------------
> > 4x4 > all
> > Canberra, Australia
> >
> >
> > "/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCN" wrote:
> >
> >> Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
> >>
> >> I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the
> >> potential
> >> that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.
> >>
> >> As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact
> >> methods
> >> which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right people.
> >> Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services. I'm
> >> currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a week,
> >> but
> >> nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my resume,
> >> but
> >> time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have this
> >> matter
> >> resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
> >>
> >> Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match
> >> up
> >> resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
> >>
> >> Making this information public may be useful in helping others with
> >> similar
> >> questions.
> >>
> >> I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
> >> website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in
> >> pursuing
> >> appropriate certifications.
> >>
> >> If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a
> >> short
> >> term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
> >> free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
> >> someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make
> >> it
> >> worth their while.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
> >>
> >> Rob Lindman
> >> "Microcephalic S. Bob"
> >> mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I
> >> feel
> >> fine.
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
lowdes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
No MCSE? What a loser, you'll never get a job.

Rob Lindman
http://www.roblindman.com/ - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)


Profile

I am a software developer, database designer, as well as a graphic
artist.

My greatest desire is to develop software that transforms data into
professional, informative, eye-catching reports complete with colorful
charts and graphs. I enjoy nothing in the world more than taking a system
that is broken, difficult to navigate, or otherwise painstaking and turning
it into a work of art that is functional, user friendly, and attractive.

I like to work closely with customers to assure that there is no
ambiguity in their requirements. I write tight code, I test it thoroughly,
and when I can walk away from a successful project, I know I've found my
place in this world.


Objective

In recent years I've learned about and experienced a great deal of the
business world. Now, I intend to find work that will finance a formal
education, which I believe will allow me to achieve a greater potential.

At the present time, I am looking for opportunities developing
software, databases, websites; and graphics for reputable companies. I
intend to leverage my salary to finance an education.


Extracurricular Activities

I am presently developing a text to speech engine based on
concatenated wave audio. I'd like to see this turn into something to help
the disabled. Recently, I have really begun to enjoy the downtown Boise area
and riding a bicycle along the river.


Summary Of Qualifications

Software Development

HTML 3 4
Active Server Pages 4 5
VBScript
Visual Basic 4 5 6
Visual Basic For Applications
JavaScript

Database Developer

SQL Server 7.0 2000
Microsoft Access 1997 2000

Graphic Design

Photoshop 4-7
3D Studio Max 2-5
Poser 4-5
Networking / Administration

DOS 3.3-6.22
Microsoft Office 95-XP
Novell Netware 3 4
Windows 95 98
Internet Information Server 4-5
Windows NT Server 4.0
TCP/IP Networking
Router configuration
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
Can build and repair PCs


Media Related Skills

Audio/Video Production
Copy Author / Editor
On Air Radio Announcer Further Exposure

Business Analytics Tools
Text-To-Speech systems
Natural User Interface enthusiast



Education & Professional Training

2002
SQLSoft
Microsoft Certified Educator
Bellevue, WA
Completed 3 courses:
a.. Mastering Microsoft Access
a.. Building Client/Server Applications With Microsoft Access 2000
a.. Mastering Database Fundamentals With Microsoft Access 2000


1997
Office Max Training Center
Murietta, CA Completed 1 course:
a.. Beginning Microsoft Access Development


1996
Riverside Community College
Riverside, CA
Completed 3 courses:
a.. Attended 1 year towards Bachelors Degree
a.. Computer Science, Psychology, Health Science



Professional Experience

WestFarm Foods
Seattle, WA
2000
2002
Programmer / Analyst
a.. Successfully reinvented the online presence for Washington's 2nd
largest privately owned corporation
a.. Coordinated with company marketing department and outsourced
advertising agency to deliver an award winning consumer products website
a.. Developed a system for monitoring milk production and udder health
which is used daily by 700 dairy farmers on the west coast


Statcenter
Palm Desert, CA
1998
2000
Web Development Lead
a.. Designed original database driven website
a.. Designed a visually intensive reporting system
a.. Migrated from original Access database to SQL Server 7


EZ2 Networks
Murietta, CA
1997
1998
Web Developer / Call Center Support


a.. Telephone tech support
a.. Hardware / software repair
a.. developed an online help system which reduced tech support costs


Inland Empire Components
Lake Elsinore, CA
1996
1997
Manager of Information Systems
a.. Developed the companies online inventory search database
a.. Maintained working order of entire computer network
a.. Managed and implemented upgrade from Novell Netware to Windows
networking
a.. Researched, costed, and implemented various inventory management
and shipping systems which reduced costs throughout the company



Additional Experience

1999 SportsFan Radio Network National Radio Network Master
Control/Tape Operator Las Vegas, NV
1998 Richard Vanderkaay & Assoc. Merger & Acquisitions Web Developer
Newport Beach, CA
1997 Mr. 4Klift Forklift Reseller Web Developer Orange County, CA
1997 The Lookout Roadhouse Bed & Breakfast Web Developer Lake
Elsinore, CA
1997 Legal Rights Counselors Legal Referral Service Manager /
Information Systems Lake Elsinore, CA
1995 KBCI TV 2 Television Station Master Control/Tape Operator Boise,
ID
1994 KHDT TV 9 Television Station Master Control/Tape Operator Boise,
ID
1994 KIDO Radio 630 AM Radio Station Radio Announcer/Board Operator
Boise, ID
1993 KFXD Radio 580 AM Radio Station Technical Producer Boise, ID


Professional References

George Ryerson Former Supervisor Director of Information Technology,
Westfarm Foods (206) 284-7220
David Coburn Former Coworker Director of Communications, Westfarm
Foods (206) 284-7220
Jan Roberts Former Coworker Manager, Consumer Sciences, Westfarm Foods
(206) 284-7220
Dan McBride Former Coworker Director Milk Pricing Programs, Northwest
Dairy Association (206) 284-7220


Personal References

Cyndy & Larry McAnnely Personal Friends Omitted
Scott Thode Personal Friend For Privacy
Candice Colin Aunt Purposes


Keyword Summary

SQL Server, Microsoft Access, HTML, Visual Basic, VB, Visual Basic For
Applications, Active Server Pages, Javascript, VBScript, Microsoft Office,
Data cubes, Business Analytics, ADO, Internet, Website, Database, Developer,
Software, Graphic Designer

"/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCNGP #46 With Hyper-Threading
Technology And A Strap On Boot Sector] | Voted 0.0 In The League Table On My
First Try! */" <@> wrote in message
news:e$2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
>
> I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the
> potential that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.
>
> As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact
> methods which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right
> people. Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services.
> I'm currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a
> week, but nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my
> resume, but time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have
> this matter resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
>
> Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match
> up resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
>
> Making this information public may be useful in helping others with
> similar questions.
>
> I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
> website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in
> pursuing appropriate certifications.
>
> If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a short
> term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
> free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
> someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make
> it worth their while.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
>
> Rob Lindman
> "Microcephalic S. Bob"
> mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I
> feel fine.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ogre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
lowdes wrote:
> No MCSE? What a loser, you'll never get a job.


douche bag
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?NHg0aXNsaWZl?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
<No MCSE? What a loser, you'll never get a job.>

I have a policy never to "flame" people. You really did push me to the
limits of my patience with that post Lowdes.

You get on your soap box and preach about how unfair these guys are to you
and then you go an act like a petulant child with your previous post. The guy
is trying hard to find work and has a good attitude about approaching it and
you resort to a cheap, snide personal attack. Sorry but you have just lost
all credibility as far as I am concerned.

The attitude you display here is hypocrisy at its finest. You complain
loudly about the MCNGP and their attitude towards others. At the first
opportunity you display the exact qualities that you accused them of towards
others.

There is an idea that I try to instill in my children. "Treat others as you
would like to be treated". Based on your last post I think you can expect
(and deserve) some hard treatment from here on out.

Why make something personal that didn't need to be? There is a big
difference between flaming someone on the forums and trying to actualy hurt
them personally. I don't know how others feel about this but you really did
cross the line IMO.

--
BB
----------------
4x4 > all
Canberra, Australia


"lowdes" wrote:

> No MCSE? What a loser, you'll never get a job.
>
> Rob Lindman
> http://www.roblindman.com/ - (E-Mail Removed)
>
>
> Profile
>
> I am a software developer, database designer, as well as a graphic
> artist.
>
> My greatest desire is to develop software that transforms data into
> professional, informative, eye-catching reports complete with colorful
> charts and graphs. I enjoy nothing in the world more than taking a system
> that is broken, difficult to navigate, or otherwise painstaking and turning
> it into a work of art that is functional, user friendly, and attractive.
>
> I like to work closely with customers to assure that there is no
> ambiguity in their requirements. I write tight code, I test it thoroughly,
> and when I can walk away from a successful project, I know I've found my
> place in this world.
>
>
> Objective
>
> In recent years I've learned about and experienced a great deal of the
> business world. Now, I intend to find work that will finance a formal
> education, which I believe will allow me to achieve a greater potential.
>
> At the present time, I am looking for opportunities developing
> software, databases, websites; and graphics for reputable companies. I
> intend to leverage my salary to finance an education.
>
>
> Extracurricular Activities
>
> I am presently developing a text to speech engine based on
> concatenated wave audio. I'd like to see this turn into something to help
> the disabled. Recently, I have really begun to enjoy the downtown Boise area
> and riding a bicycle along the river.
>
>
> Summary Of Qualifications
>
> Software Development
>
> HTML 3 4
> Active Server Pages 4 5
> VBScript
> Visual Basic 4 5 6
> Visual Basic For Applications
> JavaScript
>
> Database Developer
>
> SQL Server 7.0 2000
> Microsoft Access 1997 2000
>
> Graphic Design
>
> Photoshop 4-7
> 3D Studio Max 2-5
> Poser 4-5
> Networking / Administration
>
> DOS 3.3-6.22
> Microsoft Office 95-XP
> Novell Netware 3 4
> Windows 95 98
> Internet Information Server 4-5
> Windows NT Server 4.0
> TCP/IP Networking
> Router configuration
> Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
> Can build and repair PCs
>
>
> Media Related Skills
>
> Audio/Video Production
> Copy Author / Editor
> On Air Radio Announcer Further Exposure
>
> Business Analytics Tools
> Text-To-Speech systems
> Natural User Interface enthusiast
>
>
>
> Education & Professional Training
>
> 2002
> SQLSoft
> Microsoft Certified Educator
> Bellevue, WA
> Completed 3 courses:
> a.. Mastering Microsoft Access
> a.. Building Client/Server Applications With Microsoft Access 2000
> a.. Mastering Database Fundamentals With Microsoft Access 2000
>
>
> 1997
> Office Max Training Center
> Murietta, CA Completed 1 course:
> a.. Beginning Microsoft Access Development
>
>
> 1996
> Riverside Community College
> Riverside, CA
> Completed 3 courses:
> a.. Attended 1 year towards Bachelors Degree
> a.. Computer Science, Psychology, Health Science
>
>
>
> Professional Experience
>
> WestFarm Foods
> Seattle, WA
> 2000
> 2002
> Programmer / Analyst
> a.. Successfully reinvented the online presence for Washington's 2nd
> largest privately owned corporation
> a.. Coordinated with company marketing department and outsourced
> advertising agency to deliver an award winning consumer products website
> a.. Developed a system for monitoring milk production and udder health
> which is used daily by 700 dairy farmers on the west coast
>
>
> Statcenter
> Palm Desert, CA
> 1998
> 2000
> Web Development Lead
> a.. Designed original database driven website
> a.. Designed a visually intensive reporting system
> a.. Migrated from original Access database to SQL Server 7
>
>
> EZ2 Networks
> Murietta, CA
> 1997
> 1998
> Web Developer / Call Center Support
>
>
> a.. Telephone tech support
> a.. Hardware / software repair
> a.. developed an online help system which reduced tech support costs
>
>
> Inland Empire Components
> Lake Elsinore, CA
> 1996
> 1997
> Manager of Information Systems
> a.. Developed the companies online inventory search database
> a.. Maintained working order of entire computer network
> a.. Managed and implemented upgrade from Novell Netware to Windows
> networking
> a.. Researched, costed, and implemented various inventory management
> and shipping systems which reduced costs throughout the company
>
>
>
> Additional Experience
>
> 1999 SportsFan Radio Network National Radio Network Master
> Control/Tape Operator Las Vegas, NV
> 1998 Richard Vanderkaay & Assoc. Merger & Acquisitions Web Developer
> Newport Beach, CA
> 1997 Mr. 4Klift Forklift Reseller Web Developer Orange County, CA
> 1997 The Lookout Roadhouse Bed & Breakfast Web Developer Lake
> Elsinore, CA
> 1997 Legal Rights Counselors Legal Referral Service Manager /
> Information Systems Lake Elsinore, CA
> 1995 KBCI TV 2 Television Station Master Control/Tape Operator Boise,
> ID
> 1994 KHDT TV 9 Television Station Master Control/Tape Operator Boise,
> ID
> 1994 KIDO Radio 630 AM Radio Station Radio Announcer/Board Operator
> Boise, ID
> 1993 KFXD Radio 580 AM Radio Station Technical Producer Boise, ID
>
>
> Professional References
>
> George Ryerson Former Supervisor Director of Information Technology,
> Westfarm Foods (206) 284-7220
> David Coburn Former Coworker Director of Communications, Westfarm
> Foods (206) 284-7220
> Jan Roberts Former Coworker Manager, Consumer Sciences, Westfarm Foods
> (206) 284-7220
> Dan McBride Former Coworker Director Milk Pricing Programs, Northwest
> Dairy Association (206) 284-7220
>
>
> Personal References
>
> Cyndy & Larry McAnnely Personal Friends Omitted
> Scott Thode Personal Friend For Privacy
> Candice Colin Aunt Purposes
>
>
> Keyword Summary
>
> SQL Server, Microsoft Access, HTML, Visual Basic, VB, Visual Basic For
> Applications, Active Server Pages, Javascript, VBScript, Microsoft Office,
> Data cubes, Business Analytics, ADO, Internet, Website, Database, Developer,
> Software, Graphic Designer
>
> "/* Mongoloid S. Bob [Dual Processor MCNGP #46 With Hyper-Threading
> Technology And A Strap On Boot Sector] | Voted 0.0 In The League Table On My
> First Try! */" <@> wrote in message
> news:e$2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Potentially off topic but also potentially on topic...
> >
> > I'd like to get my resume in front of more people and increase the
> > potential that I will get a job. The alternatives seem excessively dismal.
> >
> > As such, I'm asking if anyone here knows of any job sites or contact
> > methods which are useful for getting my resume in front of the right
> > people. Resources are limited so please don't suggest any pay services.
> > I'm currently listed with Monster.Com and I get one or two inquiries a
> > week, but nothing has materialized yet. I'm still working on improving my
> > resume, but time is divided among many different avenues. I expect to have
> > this matter resolved as fully as possible by the next weekend.
> >
> > Also, I've heard of the notion of 'headhunters', who find work and match
> > up resources. Advice in this area may be useful.
> >
> > Making this information public may be useful in helping others with
> > similar questions.
> >
> > I have a great deal of experience for my given profession, database and
> > website development. Once I am back in business, I'm interested in
> > pursuing appropriate certifications.
> >
> > If you fit the definition of headhunter and can assist in locating a short
> > term contract to assist me in improving my current situation, please feel
> > free to examine my website at http://www.roblindman.com/ . If you know
> > someone of this sort who might be able to assist me, I'm willing to make
> > it worth their while.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.
> >
> > Rob Lindman
> > "Microcephalic S. Bob"
> > mcngp #46 | mcngp.com | it's the end of the world as we know it, and I
> > feel fine.
> >

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ogre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2005
/* MCSB MCNGP #46 */ wrote:
> I appreciate your insight.
>
> At this point, I'm looking to get back in the workplace and build my cash
> reserves back up. If there's a sacrifice to be made to get into that
> position, I've no problem with it.
>


Don't sell your self short, you seem to have your stuff together. Have
you tried researching the companies that you may want to work for? What
networking events do the managers you would be reporting to attend?
After awhile you get to be a familiar face; see if you can give a
presentation at a user group meeting.

I know that transportation is an issue for you right now, but nothing
beats a face showing up to hand off a resume. It took me 7 visits to my
current employer to get in front of my current manager, 3 to get to see
the HR manager. It sound a little like stalking, but I was in sales in a
previous life and was taught that it takes about 25 nos to get to a yes.

Good luck in the quest
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone been trained through National Employment Services? =?Utf-8?B?Q2F1dGlvdXMgZm9yIGEgcmVhc29u?= Microsoft Certification 26 04-19-2006 05:05 PM
OT: Meaningful employment for mcngp members Network Guru MCSE 5 08-11-2004 05:01 AM
MCSD .Net employment opportunities in Paris, France Session Mwamufiya MCSD 5 06-05-2004 08:05 PM
can you make echange 2k filter based on keyword like employment =?Utf-8?B?cGZyYW1wdG8=?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-22-2004 04:39 AM
employment Steve Dickson MCSE 11 11-24-2003 08:50 PM



Advertisments