Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > No Hibernate tab in Power Option Properties in XP x64? In PAE mode its not allowed

No Hibernate tab in Power Option Properties in XP x64? In PAE mode its not allowed

wrreisen2@yahoo.com

Hi,

I have Windows XP x64. I would like to be able to hibernate with the
computer this is installed on. When I look in Power Option Properties
there is no Hibernate tab.

I open up a command line window and type:

powercfg /hibernate on

and get the response:

Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not
supported.
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
allowed in PAE
mode.

Is there some way I can use a different mode other than PAE mode so I
can Hibernate this machine. I have 4Gb ram and a core duo processor.
This machine has an LSI megaRAID PCI card that has a battery on it to
keep it from losing data in a power cut could the drivers from this
make the machine go into PAE mode?

Thanks for any advice.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?_db_=B4=AF`=B7.._=3E=3C=29=29=29=BA=3E`_.._.?=

maybe this can be helpful:

db ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><)))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><)))º>¸.
><)))º>·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><)))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

..

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP x64. I would like to be able to hibernate with the
> computer this is installed on. When I look in Power Option Properties
> there is no Hibernate tab.
>
> I open up a command line window and type:
>
> powercfg /hibernate on
>
> and get the response:
>
> Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not
> supported.
> The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
> The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
> allowed in PAE
> mode.
>
> Is there some way I can use a different mode other than PAE mode so I
> can Hibernate this machine. I have 4Gb ram and a core duo processor.
> This machine has an LSI megaRAID PCI card that has a battery on it to
> keep it from losing data in a power cut could the drivers from this
> make the machine go into PAE mode?
>
> Thanks for any advice.

wrreisen2@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the advice here:

and added /nopae the boot.ini to:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windo ws XP Professional
x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /nopae

and tried the cmd:

powercfg /hibernate on

and still get the response:

Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not
supported.
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
allowed in PAE
mode.

Thanks for any advice.

Doug Forster

Try adding the /EXECUTE switch to boot.ini

Cheers
Doug Forster

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I followed the advice here:
>
> and added /nopae the boot.ini to:
>
> [boot loader]
> timeout=30
> default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windo ws XP Professional
> x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /nopae
>

> and tried the cmd:
>
> powercfg /hibernate on
>
> and still get the response:
>

> Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not
> supported.
> The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
> The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
> allowed in PAE
> mode.
>

> Thanks for any advice.

noblezx

You cannot put a computer that is running Windows XP, Windows Serve
2003, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008 into hibernation
Additionally, the Hibernate tab in the Power Options Properties dialo
box is unavailable.

Notes
This issue occurs if your computer has more than 4 gigabytes (GB) o
random access memory (RAM).
This issue occurs in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

To read more: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/88857

--
noblez
noblezx's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/noblezx.ht