Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: <> vs !=

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: <> vs !=

 
 
Simon Brunning
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2007
On 7/26/07, James Matthews <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What is the difference between <> and !=


<> is deprecated, != isn't. Other than that, nothing AFAIK.

--
Cheers,
Simon B.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/
GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jeffmess@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2007
On Jul 27, 1:08 pm, "Simon Brunning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 7/26/07, James Matthews <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > What is the difference between <> and !=

>
> <> is deprecated, != isn't. Other than that, nothing AFAIK.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Simon B.
> (E-Mail Removed)://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/
> GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues


I believe Guido doesn't like '<>' and decided to enforce != instead.
Guess it's his language .

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Neil Cerutti
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2007
On 2007-07-27, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I believe Guido doesn't like '<>' and decided to enforce !=
> instead. Guess it's his language .


I like 'not ==', cf 'not in'. Sadly it's a syntax error. However,
as a language designer, I'm not > Guido.

--
Neil Cerutti
I don't know what to expect right now, but we as players have to do what we've
got to do to make sure that the pot is spread equally. --Jim Jackson
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul McGuire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2007
On Jul 27, 7:35 am, Neil Cerutti <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I like 'not ==', cf 'not in'. Sadly it's a syntax error. However,
> as a language designer, I'm not > Guido.
>


I'd settle for == Guido myself.

-- Paul

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments