Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Security - Finding Someone On the Internet....How?!?

Internet Security - Finding Someone On the Internet....How?!?

The Pete

My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
Internet account?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

The Pete wrote:
> My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
> recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
> have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
> once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
> Internet account?

I'd use a security camera aimed at the computer/keyboard and see who the
**** is doing that. Don't have a friend or wife around, do you?

Vanguard

"The Pete" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
> recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
> have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
> once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
> Internet account?

We don't know what you mean by "hacked" successfully into your system.
Prove it! Show *us* what you think Norton's firewall is showing you
that you are interpreting as the intrusion. Norton, as I recall, logs
those intrusions so you could actually tell us what it said.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Richard

"The Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
> recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
> have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
> once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
> Internet account?

By having malware on your system. You still visiting those same porn sites?
What indication is there of the hacking?

Mike Easter

The Pete wrote:
> My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
> recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
> have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
> once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
> Internet account?

It is likely that your understanding of what is going on is very
incomplete, so operating from your set of assumptions is not the correct
or optimal approach.

Absent the accurate information of what is actually going on, I would
only remark that if someone has all of your user/pass information and
access to your computer in the past and present, they can have access to
your system in the future.

The internet connects us all together. You are responsible for your
security. Or paranoia.

You are posting here with googlegroups which stamps your Rogers cable IP
address and a valid email address for you. That's quite a bit if you
are insecurely configured against a determined adversary with your
privacy information.

--
Mike Easter