Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CHDK Now Available For PowerShot A700 Cameras

CHDK Now Available For PowerShot A700 Cameras

CoolGuy

Preliminary testing is needed by Canon PowerShot A700 owners that want
to install the CHDK camera enhancement on their cameras.

Info on CHDK here: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

You can post your feedback at the suggestions and feedback page:
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:CHDK/Suggestions

The A700 CHDK files are available here: http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/

For A700 cameras, filename "pre14-a700-100b-144.zip"

The 100b in the filename stands for firmware version on your camera.
Refer to the CHDK FAQ on the wiki pages on how to read/retrieve your
camera's firmware number if you are not sure.

No harm will ever come to your camera or its firmware by running CHDK.
If by chance you install the wrong CHDK on your SD card or have the
wrong firmware version in your camera, the very worst that can happen
is that your camera will lock-up and you can't power-down the camera.
Just remove your batteries to reset your camera, and delete the CHDK
files from your SD card so it doesn't happen when powering-up again.
Try again later with a revised or correct version of CHDK for your
camera if you want. Out of the thousands and thousands that are now
using CHDK only one report of this camera lock-up scenario ever came
in when someone mistakenly copied the wrong version of CHDK to their
SD card.

Read the FAQ
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/FAQ
for installation procedure.

Be sure to read the usage page
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHD...firmware_usage
for how to navigate and use the multitudes of features in CHDK. With
so many new features now available it can be quite confusing to the
first-time user. It's like getting a whole new camera with features
and options that are more advanced than the most cutting-edge dSLR.

ASAAR

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:49:35 -0500, ASAAR wrote:
(not really!)

> . . .
> Thanks for posting this. I have one of these cameras and wanted to
> try using CHDK.

Just another forgery from the sock puppet trolls, ID'd on the :

> **** CHDK / Photoline 32 / anti-DSLR Sock Puppet Troll List ****
>
> Baumbadier, Brad M, CharleiD, CoolGuy, DOCJohnson, EdBancroft,
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Fed-Up-With-Corel, FrankLM, GilfordBrimly,
> GoKiting, HokusPokus, JoeBS, Lurk, NameHere, New2_S3,
> (E-Mail Removed), RockyZ, SayWhat, SelfImporantName,
> SelfImportantName, Soujourner, spamless, TryinToHelp, WillyWonka
> and X-Man.

ASAAR

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:12:18 GMT, "CoolGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Preliminary testing is needed by Canon PowerShot A700 owners that want
>to install the CHDK camera enhancement on their cameras.
>
>Info on CHDK here: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
>
>You can post your feedback at the suggestions and feedback page:
>http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:CHDK/Suggestions
>
>The A700 CHDK files are available here: http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/
>
>For A700 cameras, filename "pre14-a700-100b-144.zip"
>
>The 100b in the filename stands for firmware version on your camera.
>Refer to the CHDK FAQ on the wiki pages on how to read/retrieve your
>camera's firmware number if you are not sure.
>
>No harm will ever come to your camera or its firmware by running CHDK.
>If by chance you install the wrong CHDK on your SD card or have the
>wrong firmware version in your camera, the very worst that can happen
>is that your camera will lock-up and you can't power-down the camera.
>Just remove your batteries to reset your camera, and delete the CHDK
>files from your SD card so it doesn't happen when powering-up again.
>Try again later with a revised or correct version of CHDK for your
>camera if you want. Out of the thousands and thousands that are now
>using CHDK only one report of this camera lock-up scenario ever came
>in when someone mistakenly copied the wrong version of CHDK to their
>SD card.
>
>Read the FAQ
> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/FAQ
>for installation procedure.
>
>Be sure to read the usage page
> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHD...firmware_usage
>for how to navigate and use the multitudes of features in CHDK. With
>so many new features now available it can be quite confusing to the
>first-time user. It's like getting a whole new camera with features
>and options that are more advanced than the most cutting-edge dSLR.

Thanks for posting this. I have one of these cameras and wanted to
try using CHDK. I've heard a lot about it but was always too scared
it might break my very expensive camera. I take medication for my
psychoses and paranoia, the new medication seem to be working better
so I can try this CHDK thing now. If only all the same person wasn't
posting under all these names in this newsgroup all the time I could
deal with things better. You're not the same person as all the others
that I know are the same person, are you? If you are, how do I know
this isn't your plot to get me to break my very expensive camera?
Great, now I'm scared again. I'll talk to my doctor. Maybe the
medication isn't working as well as I thought. Just don't be the same
person, okay?

ASAAR

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:49:35 -0500, ASAAR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:12:18 GMT, "CoolGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Preliminary testing is needed by Canon PowerShot A700 owners that want
>>to install the CHDK camera enhancement on their cameras.
>>
>>Info on CHDK here: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
>>
>>You can post your feedback at the suggestions and feedback page:
>>http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:CHDK/Suggestions
>>
>>The A700 CHDK files are available here: http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/
>>
>>For A700 cameras, filename "pre14-a700-100b-144.zip"
>>
>>The 100b in the filename stands for firmware version on your camera.
>>Refer to the CHDK FAQ on the wiki pages on how to read/retrieve your
>>camera's firmware number if you are not sure.
>>
>>No harm will ever come to your camera or its firmware by running CHDK.
>>If by chance you install the wrong CHDK on your SD card or have the
>>wrong firmware version in your camera, the very worst that can happen
>>is that your camera will lock-up and you can't power-down the camera.
>>Just remove your batteries to reset your camera, and delete the CHDK
>>files from your SD card so it doesn't happen when powering-up again.
>>Try again later with a revised or correct version of CHDK for your
>>camera if you want. Out of the thousands and thousands that are now
>>using CHDK only one report of this camera lock-up scenario ever came
>>in when someone mistakenly copied the wrong version of CHDK to their
>>SD card.
>>
>>Read the FAQ
>> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/FAQ
>>for installation procedure.
>>
>>Be sure to read the usage page
>> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHD...firmware_usage
>>for how to navigate and use the multitudes of features in CHDK. With
>>so many new features now available it can be quite confusing to the
>>first-time user. It's like getting a whole new camera with features
>>and options that are more advanced than the most cutting-edge dSLR.
>>

> Thanks for posting this. I have one of these cameras and wanted to
>try using CHDK. I've heard a lot about it but was always too scared
>it might break my very expensive camera. I take medication for my
>psychoses and paranoia, the new medication seem to be working better
>so I can try this CHDK thing now. If only all the same person wasn't
>posting under all these names in this newsgroup all the time I could
>deal with things better. You're not the same person as all the others
>that I know are the same person, are you? If you are, how do I know
>this isn't your plot to get me to break my very expensive camera?
>Great, now I'm scared again. I'll talk to my doctor. Maybe the
>medication isn't working as well as I thought. Just don't be the same
>person, okay?

Please ignore this forged post from my imposter. That's what my
doctor told me to call it when I say or do things like this.

ASAAR