Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Danny

Hi,

we just have launched our first beta version of our new product page which
was developed with ASP.NET.

Now we noticed that we sometimes get the error attached below.
After a little web research, we then could find out, it's a bug of the
latest .NET framework and that there is a hotfix out
(http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...491&x=15&y=13).

My problem is, that our provider does not accept hotfixes and told us, they
will install only well-tested updates, which I can understand.

Does anyone know, if this error is already solved in a never version of the
..NET framework or with some "official" update and not only within a
hotfix?!!

It's really important to us to have a solution for that, elsewhise potential
customers will be disappointed by our webpage and leave it right after the
error appeared.

Thanks!

Regards
Danny

Now the detailed error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

DataTable internal index is corrupted: '5'.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: DataTable internal
index is corrupted: '5'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: DataTable internal index is corrupted: '5'.]
System.Data.RBTree`1.RBInsert(Int32 root_id, Int32 x_id, Int32 position)
+431
System.Data.RBTree`1.RBInsert(Int32 root_id, Int32 x_id, Int32 position)
+846
System.Data.Index.InsertRecord(Int32 record, Boolean fireEvent) +64
System.Data.Index.ApplyChangeAction(Int32 record, Int32 action) +54
System.Data.DataTable.RecordStateChanged(Int32 record1, DataViewRowState
oldState1, DataViewRowState newState1, Int32 record2, DataViewRowState
oldState2, DataViewRowState newState2) +250
System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord,
DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent,
Exception& deferredException) +660
System.Data.DataTable.InsertRow(DataRow row, Int32 proposedID, Int32 pos,
Boolean fireEvent) +254
System.Data.DataTable.LoadDataRow(Object[] values, Boolean fAcceptChanges)
+108
System.Data.ProviderBase.SchemaMapping.LoadDataRow () +84
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(Sch emaMapping mapping) +140
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(Data Set dataset, DataTable
datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object
parentChapterValue) +153
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, IDataReader
dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) +283
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(Data Set dataset, DataTable[]
datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand
command, CommandBehavior behavior) +221
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
+162
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable) +107
StreamTecConfigTableAdapters.TabTableAdapter.Fill( TabDataTable dataTable)
+105
myStreamTec.StreamTecConfiguration.GetSiteSettings () +196
myStreamTec.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +130
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
+92
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210