Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Display a picture for say 5 seconds and then display a message.

Display a picture for say 5 seconds and then display a message.

Mufasa

I want to have a page where somebody can press the submit button and then it
will display a jpg for a couple of seconds and then print results. (I want
to give them the impression the system is thinking about something even
though it really isn't - perception an all....)

Any suggestions on how to do this?

TIA - Jeff.

Scott M.

In the <head> section of your web page:

"Mufasa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to have a page where somebody can press the submit button and then
>it will display a jpg for a couple of seconds and then print results. (I
>want to give them the impression the system is thinking about something
>even though it really isn't - perception an all....)
>
> Any suggestions on how to do this?
>
> TIA - Jeff.

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hello Mufasa, hello Scott

You can use the approach from Scott, and modify it a little bit.
Add a runat="server" attribute to your <head> tag, then in your button_Click
eventhandler
add dynamically the meta tag.

--
Gruss, Peter Bucher

Eliyahu Goldin

If you wish, you can do everything on client side with a bit of
javascripting and using timer function window.setTimeout.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

"Mufasa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to have a page where somebody can press the submit button and then
>it will display a jpg for a couple of seconds and then print results. (I
>want to give them the impression the system is thinking about something
>even though it really isn't - perception an all....)
>
> Any suggestions on how to do this?
>
> TIA - Jeff.

Scott M.

Why bother?

"Peter Bucher [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Mufasa, hello Scott
>
> You can use the approach from Scott, and modify it a little bit.
> Add a runat="server" attribute to your <head> tag, then in your
> button_Click eventhandler
> add dynamically the meta tag.
>
> --
> Gruss, Peter Bucher
> Microsoft MVP - Visual Developer ASP / ASP.NET, Switzerland
> http://www.aspnetzone.de/ - ASP.NET Zone, die ASP.NET Community
> http://www.aspnetzone.de/blogs/peterbucher/ - Auf den Spuren von .NET

Larry Bud

On Jul 26, 8:37 am, "Mufasa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to have a page where somebody can press the submit button and then it
> will display a jpg for a couple of seconds and then print results. (I want
> to give them the impression the system is thinking about something even
> though it really isn't - perception an all....)
>
> Any suggestions on how to do this?

Why in the world would you want to slow down your user, even if it is
for 5 seconds?

Scott M.

> Why in the world would you want to slow down your user, even if it is
> for 5 seconds?

....And, the winner is...