Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shuts down webbrowser and file explorer

Shuts down webbrowser and file explorer

alika@spray.se

I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, the webbrowser is
closes it self and the same happens when I disconnect Internet
entirely and opens a folder containing the installation executable of
an antivirus software. I tried to quickly start the executable but it
just closes down. I've suceeded to run an adware scan (using lavasoft
adware) , but did not solve the problem. I'm quiet sure it is a virus
that creates this problem! But does anyone know what type of virus
that can achieve such effect or any solution to my problem?

Another

> I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
> as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, the webbrowser is
> closes it self and the same happens when I disconnect Internet
> entirely and opens a folder containing the installation executable of
> an antivirus software. I tried to quickly start the executable but it
> just closes down. I've suceeded to run an adware scan (using lavasoft
> adware) , but did not solve the problem. I'm quiet sure it is a virus
> that creates this problem! But does anyone know what type of virus
> that can achieve such effect or any solution to my problem?

What site? Which browser?

alika@spray.se

On Jul 25, 10:25 pm, Another <.> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
> > as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, the webbrowser is
> > closes it self and the same happens when I disconnect Internet
> > entirely and opens a folder containing the installation executable of
> > an antivirus software. I tried to quickly start the executable but it
> > just closes down. I've suceeded to run an adware scan (using lavasoft
> > adware) , but did not solve the problem. I'm quiet sure it is a virus
> > that creates this problem! But does anyone know what type of virus
> > that can achieve such effect or any solution to my problem?

> What site? Which browser?

Usually it happens in internet explorer but I've tried Opera and the
same problem occurs. All known antivris sites for example symmantec.
Or Kasperksy's.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Jul 25, 10:25 pm, Another <.> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
>>> as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, ...

>> What site? Which browser?

> Usually it happens in internet explorer but I've tried Opera and the
> same problem occurs. All known antivris sites for example symmantec.
> Or Kasperksy's.

Try booting in safe mode and scanning. If that doesn't help, try and get
some anti-malware software. See this list:
http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#spyware

...and start with SuperAntiSpyware. If you can't get to
http://superantispyware.com/
on your computer, go somewhere else, and download the install file and
burn it to a CD. Then take it home and install it off the CD. Be sure to
(attempt to) update the database before scanning so you get the absolute
latest files.

--
-bts