Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quotation marks

Reply
Thread Tools

Quotation marks

 
 
boo.matthews@worldnet.att.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2007
How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
Many thanks.....
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2007
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:56:52 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
>Many thanks.....


Decoding? Downloading from where? Or what do you mean by 'decoding'?
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:56:52 GMT, boo.matthews@ wrote:

>How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?


What do you mean?

Filename/extension?

Decoding? If you can see it has quotation marks in it, then it's
decoded, you are vieweing it somehow.

You haven't posted an example ot the file data.

If it's "data","data" then any spreadsheet text to cols / load csv file.

Depends what you want to do with it.

You didn't say a lot.

Me, I use Perl a lot to play with data files.

>Many thanks.....

<snip 2nd copy of email, maybe OP likes the spam>

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?


OK, I get it.

We are supposed to figger out what you really mean, rewrite the
question, and then answer the right question. That seems like a
perfectly reasonable request.

NOT.

Suppose the question were actually, "How can you reformat the text from
a newsgroup message which contains both EOL returns and quote/citation
marks?"

My answer would be, I use the now shareware app TextCleanup.

There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so I
can't paste in a GG link.

The topic thread is:

Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700
Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

It's too bad that GG search has become a low priority to Google the
corporate cash hog.


--
Mike Easter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Daave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2007
Mike Easter wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?

>
> OK, I get it.
>
> We are supposed to figger out what you really mean, rewrite the
> question, and then answer the right question. That seems like a
> perfectly reasonable request.
>
> NOT.
>
> Suppose the question were actually, "How can you reformat the text
> from a newsgroup message which contains both EOL returns and
> quote/citation marks?"
>
> My answer would be, I use the now shareware app TextCleanup.
>
> There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
> once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so I
> can't paste in a GG link.
>
> The topic thread is:
>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
> Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700
> Message-ID: (E-Mail Removed)


"En franšais"!

http://groups.google.fr/group/24hour...3b8ae?lnk=raot


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2007
Daave wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:


>> There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
>> once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so
>> I can't paste in a GG link.
>>
>> The topic thread is:


>> Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
>> Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700
>> Message-ID: (E-Mail Removed)

>
> "En franšais"!
>
>

http://groups.google.fr/group/24hour...3b8ae?lnk=raot

All right then! There's the answer; and it's not even in .fr.

In another group we are commisserating about the fact that many agree
that GG search isn't worth a sh*t anymore.

Or, put that in some other nicer language if you wish. French would be
OK.

--
Mike Easter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Daave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2007
Mike Easter wrote:

> In another group we are commisserating about the fact that many agree
> that GG search isn't worth a sh*t anymore.


Yes, it just gets worse and worse. I guess they're too busy not doing
evil.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2007
"Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"En franšais"!
>
>http://groups.google.fr/group/24hour...3b8ae?lnk=raot
>


Google Groupes - just sounds so much more friendly
--
http://www.onahorse.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Art
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
> Many thanks.....
> (E-Mail Removed)


The same way as one without quotation marks.

--
Art
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Searching for a Firefox extension involving quotation marks Teh Suck Firefox 0 01-17-2006 09:00 AM
Quotation marks when mixing jsp and html forms deepstar@gmail.com Java 0 11-15-2005 06:26 PM
Using quotation marks Radith Java 1 01-07-2005 12:59 AM
String and quotation marks M. Clift Python 2 10-22-2004 09:01 PM
<q> and language-specific quotation marks Tristan Miller HTML 54 11-06-2003 05:19 PM



Advertisments