Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > [help] load assembly (component) remotely

[help] load assembly (component) remotely

georgeliu1987 georgeliu1987 is offline
Junior Member

I have encountered a problem in my development. I have a charting component that is licensed per installed production server. Because it is a fairly expansive component, I have only purchased one license, and installed it on one machine in the server cluster. So now I am going to deploy my application on the load-balanced server cluster, but I cannot deploy the charting component along with the application on every server in the cluster, because I don't have enough licenses.

So I am wondering if I can somehow use/load the component remotely? So I only have to specify the remote address of the dll and use it remotely.

Is it possible? If it is, can someone show me how to do it?

Thanks very much!