Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Extremely OT: My rant for the day

Extremely OT: My rant for the day

CBIC

The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise their
prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for them to
lower it after the price of crude oil drops? I know that Europe has been
paying high petrol prices for years and we've been lucky until now but now
that we've annexed Iraq the prices should be going down. I think something
needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas guzzling F-150.

--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050901/480/gagb10409010035

good day

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise their
> prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for them to
> lower it after the price of crude oil drops? I know that Europe has been
> paying high petrol prices for years and we've been lucky until now but now
> that we've annexed Iraq the prices should be going down. I think something
> needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas guzzling F-150.
>
> --
> aka
> Doom MCNGP #38
> Is that a burdizzo in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.

Jtyc

> The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise their
> prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for them to
> lower it after the price of crude oil drops? I know that Europe has been
> paying high petrol prices for years and we've been lucky until now but now
> that we've annexed Iraq the prices should be going down. I think something
> needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas guzzling F-150.

My personal opinion is that the immediate spike is gouging. Production will
drop because of the hurricane but the Fed is releasing some strategic oil
reserve to compensate so there is no excuse for a $4 spike.

I hate blue falcons...

FrisbeeŽ

"C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050901/480/gagb10409010035
>
> good day

You know, what's the point of keeping that tenths of a cent anymore? I mean
for every ten gallons (60 bucks at premium) you save a WHOPPING PENNY!

Cripes, just lose that last digit already.

Now I'm REALLY feeling old because I can still remember when gas was under
20 cents a gallon. When I was old enough to drive it was almost twice that,
but I could still fill-up my car for 3-4 bucks!

Somebody needs to invent a car that will run on milk. That's still under
$4/gallon last time I checked.

CBIC

C wrote:
> http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050901/480/gagb10409010035
>
> good day

That's just fscking insane.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise
>> their prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for
>> them to lower it after the price of crude oil drops? I know that Europe
>> has been paying high petrol prices for years and we've been lucky until
>> now but now that we've annexed Iraq the prices should be going down. I
>> think something needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas
>> guzzling F-150.

> My personal opinion is that the immediate spike is gouging. Production
> will drop because of the hurricane but the Fed is releasing some strategic
> oil reserve to compensate so there is no excuse for a $4 spike.

I think a reasonably good excuse for a spike is the fact that a lot of the
refineries are in the nawlins area, and out of commission at least for now.
Drop in supply increases prices, Economics 101. I also remember reading
somewhere recently that if we had processing plants that could handle "heavy
crude" we'd be able so see a significant drop in prices, as the barrels are
cheaper. There's at least one refinery to handle heavy crude that's been on
the drawing board for something like five years already, hasn't broken
ground yet, and is not expected to be in operation until something like
2010. Red Tape at its finest.

CBIC

> My personal opinion is that the immediate spike is gouging. Production
> will drop because of the hurricane but the Fed is
> releasing some strategic oil reserve to compensate so there is no
> excuse for a $4 spike.

How much are you paying on the left coast? We just hit over $3.00/gal. in
the upper Midwest.

> I hate blue falcons...

That's good to know.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

CBIC

> I think a reasonably good excuse for a spike is the fact that a lot
> of the refineries are in the nawlins area, and out of commission at
> least for now. Drop in supply increases prices, Economics 101.

Yeah I get this but my gripe is with the stations that jack thier prices
immediately. The least they could do is sell the gas that came in the last
truck at the profit margin they paid for. What's next, they're gonna call me
up and say "Our records indicate that you filled gas yesterday and we raised
our prices since then. Please stop by and give us an extra 30 cents a
gallon."
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

or urine

> Somebody needs to invent a car that will run on milk. That's still under
> $4/gallon last time I checked.

MitchS

> cheaper. There's at least one refinery to handle heavy crude that's been
> on the drawing board for something like five years already, hasn't broken
> ground yet, and is not expected to be in operation until something like
> 2010. Red Tape at its finest.

So assuming gas prices were to stabilize at current prices;
*doin the figgerin in my head*
That's only $23,955.75 from now.
Yehaw!

--