Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Drivers Compatibiliby between XP64 and Vista64?

Drivers Compatibiliby between XP64 and Vista64?

=?Utf-8?B?cmFmb2FyZA==?=

Hello
I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this device
has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
it´s compatible with my O.S.
I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
Edition.

P.D:The network card is a Hercules HWGPCI-54 with Ralink RT2500 Chipset.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

PvdG42

"rafoard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
> processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this
> device
> has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
> it´s compatible with my O.S.
> I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
> bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
> Edition.
>
> P.D:The network card is a Hercules HWGPCI-54 with Ralink RT2500 Chipset.
>
> Thank you in advance for your attention.

In general, Vista drivers and XP drivers are very different (32 or 64 bit).
So drivers for XP don't work in Vista and vice-versa.
For more specific info, try to contact the NIC manufacturer or chipset
maker, whoever is offering the drivers.

Dominic Payer

See http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...t/Windows.html

"rafoard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
> processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this
> device
> has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
> it´s compatible with my O.S.
> I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
> bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
> Edition.
>
> P.D:The network card is a Hercules HWGPCI-54 with Ralink RT2500 Chipset.
>
> Thank you in advance for your attention.

Dennis Pack

Rafoard:
I have at least 2 wireless PCI cards with the Ralink RT2500 Chipset
that work properly with XP x64 and Vista x64. Follow the link that Dominic
Payer posted earlier for the drivers. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

"rafoard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
> processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this
> device
> has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
> it´s compatible with my O.S.
> I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
> bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
> Edition.
>
> P.D:The network card is a Hercules HWGPCI-54 with Ralink RT2500 Chipset.
>
> Thank you in advance for your attention.

Graham

rafoard wrote:
> I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
> processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this device
> has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
> it´s compatible with my O.S.
> I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
> bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
> Edition.

You might be lucky. I've got a Canon photo printer with no XP x64
drivers, but recently Vista x64 drivers appeared. Figuring I've got
nothing to lose (at worst I could restore from a backup), I tried to
install them, and they work.

Graham.