Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Run ant script from ant script?

Run ant script from ant script?

lionelv@gmail.com

Is it possible to call another ant script from within your ant script?

thanks

Lionel.

Andrew Thompson

>Is it possible to call another ant script from within your ant script?

Yes. Did you have any Java questions?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

lionelv@gmail.com

On Jul 25, 4:58 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >Is it possible to call another ant script from within your ant script?

> Yes. Did you have any Java questions?

It's for a Java project and there have been several other ant posts in
this newsgroup (unfortunately none that I found answered my question).
I wasn't able to find an ant newsgroup so this was the obvious choice.

So if you would be so kind as to let me know that would actually be
helpful.

Thanks

Lionel.

Andrew Thompson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> >Is it possible to call another ant script from within your ant script?

>> Yes. Did you have any Java questions?

>It's for a Java project and there have been several other ant posts in
>this newsgroup (unfortunately none that I found answered my question).
>I wasn't able to find an ant newsgroup so this was the obvious choice.
>
>So if you would be so kind as to let me know that would actually be
>helpful.

Let you know what? I see only one question from
you on this thread, and that was answered in my
first reply, in the first (single word) sentence.

Perhaps you should review..
<http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

As an aside, one of the things that document would
recommend is consultiing the documentation for the
tool(s) being used. Do you know where to find the
(or any) page that lists details on the Ant core tasks?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is it possible to call another ant script from within your ant script?

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html

Arne

lionelv@gmail.com

On Jul 26, 10:30 am, Arne Vajh°j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Is it possible to call another ant script from within your ant script?

> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html

Thank you very much. I obviously was using the wrong searches .

Thanks

Lionel.

lionelv@gmail.com

On Jul 26, 10:00 am, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
> Perhaps you should review..
> <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

I wrote a long response about the processes I go through before
posting and that I've read the above a few times before. Instead, on
review of my post and since you are normally very helpful I've decided
to just refer you specifically to http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id272330

I will spare any further posts as the group does not need to hear
anymore.

Lionel.