Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Customizing a Graphic

Customizing a Graphic

Bernhard Sturm

> I would also like the option for the
> user to upload an image which could also be put into the certificate.
> I want the user to be able to download this image, the big reason I
> want it all in a single graphic. Can someone offer me some advice on
> how to make these images automatically. I do want the quality to look
> as professional as possible.

'As professional as possible'? Does it need to be online? You could just
set up a PDF-form with Adobe Acrobat where people can enter their name
and insert their own image into a predefined text and image-field. This
can be done pretty easy with Adobe Acrobat. If it needs to be online:
let the person download the PDF-form, then she will complete the
certificat offline, save it, and upload it again to your course-server...

Just my two cents
bernhard

--
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:01:15 GMT
> Travis Newbury scribed:

>>> Don't think that can be done but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

>> Flash can do it...

> The methods I've read about in this thread so far seem kind of hard. I
> want something easy, man, like a no-brainer.

While that seems appropriate, your end-goal isn't exactly HTML For Dummies.

Animesh K

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 25 Jul 2007 04:09:03 GMT
> scribed:
>
>> I have web course on a website that I would like to generate a
>> certificate for when completed. I would like the certificate to be
>> presented to the user as a single graphic. This means getting the
>> persons name and date into the graphic. I don't want HTML text
>> overlaying a background image. I would also like the option for the
>> user to upload an image which could also be put into the certificate.
>> I want the user to be able to download this image, the big reason I
>> want it all in a single graphic. Can someone offer me some advice on
>> how to make these images automatically. I do want the quality to look
>> as professional as possible.

> Don't think that can be done but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Php can generate images, I think. Though am unsure if this can be done
purely in html.

Other option would be to generate a pDF from a latex installation on Linux.

Sherm Pendley

Animesh K <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Php can generate images, I think.

Pretty much any server-side technology I can think of is capable of it.
Some (like Macradobe's Generator) are specialized for just that.

> Though am unsure if this can be done purely in html.

I can't imagine how it possibly could be - especially given the OP's
requirements of the end result being a single graphics file with no
overlaid HTML text.

sherm--