Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > thunderbird with firefox

thunderbird with firefox

PWB

I am using both Thunderbird and Firefox both are my default email client
and browser respectively but when I try to send a link nothing happens
if i click on Firefox 'send link' or if I right click on the Firefox
drop down menu. what is the reason I wonder if anyone in the group can
tell me and aside fom copying and pasting the URL name in Thunderbird
what can I do to rectify this. TIA

Mike Easter

PWB wrote:

> I am using both Thunderbird and Firefox both are my default email
> client and browser respectively but when I try to send a link nothing
> happens if i click on Firefox 'send link' or if I right click on the
> Firefox drop down menu.

I have Tbird & Ff installed in Ubuntu. When I R click a link on a page
displayed in Ff, I am presented a context menu which includes 'Send
Link' and when I select that send, Tbird and a newmail opens with the
link in the body of the email.

> what is the reason I wonder if anyone in the
> group can tell me and aside fom copying and pasting the URL name in
> Thunderbird what can I do to rectify this.

Further, when I am viewing a page in Ff and I use the Ff File menu and
choose 'Send Link' then a newmail opens in Tbird which contains the link
to the page I am viewing.

Perhaps you should download an iso for Ub and burn it and run it as a
live CD and see how you like it with Ub Ff & Tbird compared to
Windows -- then if you want you can install it on a partition for a dual
boot with Win so you won't have these problems.

--
Mike Easter