Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Invalid CSV File name while exporting from IE

Invalid CSV File name while exporting from IE

Adi

Hi,

I am having a problem in exporting the file into csv format from a website. First the name I put in the export 'box' comes over with "%" "[" , "]" and other odd characters in the FILE name and the TAB name and these cause
problems: File can't be saved with those names. If I copy the TAB file and while it still has the default name I get into a loop where I can't change the
tab name and end up having to abort the file because Excel says the file name is invalid. No matter how I try to change the file name, Excel says it still
has a problem. Can anybody help me in finding the solution for this problem? Thanks........

Try using Server.URLEncode to encode the file's name.
Here's more info:

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,
MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASPInsider