Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > I don't want to use tables, how do I do these pages

I don't want to use tables, how do I do these pages

scmulqueen@netzero.com

Everyone has been posting that I shouldn't use tables to get what I
want on the page. What do you think I should do for this site? It
appears perfect in Firefox but in IE it is messed up. I am not sure
how to get the taupe bars on top and on the side if I don't use
tables. How will I get the script for the counter if I do the top bar
as an image instead of color in a table with text? Here is the link to
the pages I have questions on. www.mulqueenhodgeswedding.com/welcome.html.
Any responses would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shannon

Animesh K

> Everyone has been posting that I shouldn't use tables to get what I
> want on the page. What do you think I should do for this site? It
> appears perfect in Firefox but in IE it is messed up. I am not sure
> how to get the taupe bars on top and on the side if I don't use
> tables. How will I get the script for the counter if I do the top bar
> as an image instead of color in a table with text? Here is the link to
> the pages I have questions on. www.mulqueenhodgeswedding.com/welcome.html.
> Any responses would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Shannon

search for two column layout CSS and look for solutions with a header.

Dave Kelly

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Everyone has been posting that I shouldn't use tables to get what I
> want on the page. What do you think I should do for this site? It
> appears perfect in Firefox but in IE it is messed up. I am not sure
> how to get the taupe bars on top and on the side if I don't use
> tables. How will I get the script for the counter if I do the top bar
> as an image instead of color in a table with text? Here is the link to
> the pages I have questions on. www.mulqueenhodgeswedding.com/welcome.html.
> Any responses would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Shannon

Go here and look at the source and css of the first page.
It has what Animesh suggests.

http://www.texasflyfishers.org

--
A little rum in the morning coffee. Just to clear the cobwebs, ya know.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Dave Kelly wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> ... Here is the link to the pages I have questions on.
>> www.mulqueenhodgeswedding.com/welcome.html. Any responses would be
>> appreciated.

> Go here and look at the source and css of the first page.
> It has what Animesh suggests.
>
> http://www.texasflyfishers.org

...except this flyfishers page uses only 80% of my preferred font size,
and is hard to read. (It uses Verdana as well.) So, scmulqueen, have a
read of this page first:

http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html

--
-bts

Travis Newbury

On Jul 24, 9:57 pm, Dave Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Go here and look at the source and css of the first page.
> It has what Animesh suggests.
> http://www.texasflyfishers.org

People NEED to learn what a color wheel is!

Nick Marks

Just checked ... the website aint loadng
http://www.design2host.net