Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > A <div> to the right of a image

Reply
Thread Tools

A <div> to the right of a image

 
 
vincent.marguerit@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
Hi,

I am working on a page where there must be some text to the right of
an image.
This is how this must look like:
http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg

At this time I could have done this:
http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_preview/photo.html

To the right of the picture, I don't find a way to display the part of
the text with the grey background.

Does anyone know how to do this with <div> ?

Thanks,
Vincent.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a page where there must be some text to the right of
> an image.
> This is how this must look like:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg


404.

> At this time I could have done this:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_preview/photo.html
>
> To the right of the picture, I don't find a way to display the part of
> the text with the grey background.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this with <div> ?


Yes, but I don't know exactly what you want. I can't see your "must look
like".

--
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
vincent.marguerit@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
On 24 juil, 14:32, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > Hi,

>
> > I am working on a page where there must be some text to the right of
> > an image.
> > This is how this must look like:
> >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg

>
> 404.
>
> > At this time I could have done this:
> >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_preview/photo.html

>
> > To the right of the picture, I don't find a way to display the part of
> > the text with the grey background.

>
> > Does anyone know how to do this with <div> ?

>
> Yes, but I don't know exactly what you want. I can't see your "must look
> like".
>
> --
> Richard.


Sorry, I uploaded the content without the image. Now the picture is on
the server:
http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg

Vincent.

 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a page where there must be some text to the right of
> an image.
> This is how this must look like:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg
>
> At this time I could have done this:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_preview/photo.html
>
> To the right of the picture, I don't find a way to display the part of
> the text with the grey background.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this with <div> ?


Float the image left. If you want the nice borders then enclose the image in
a div, floated left, and style the div to taste.

Don't use absolute positioning, as in your latest incarnation. It *will*
break when somebody changes font size or something.

Also, don't try to make the font size 75% of what I like or I *will*
increase my font size. Your CSS is way too complex as well. You don't need
to specify all those default properties.

--
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bernhard Sturm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Sorry, I uploaded the content without the image. Now the picture is on
> the server:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg
>

just an OT rant: the unit 'dpi' is meaningless for digital images. A
pixel is a pixel and the only unit that will tell me something about the
size of the image. Or have you ever seen that a digital-camera is being
advertised as producing '300dpi' images? The amount of pixels on a
CCD-sensor is measured in MP.

bernhard


--
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply
 
Reply With Quote
 
vincent.marguerit@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
On 24 juil, 15:28, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > Hi,

>
> > I am working on a page where there must be some text to the right of
> > an image.
> > This is how this must look like:
> >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg

>
> > At this time I could have done this:
> >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_preview/photo.html

>
> > To the right of the picture, I don't find a way to display the part of
> > the text with the grey background.

>
> > Does anyone know how to do this with <div> ?

>
> Float the image left. If you want the nice borders then enclose the image in
> a div, floated left, and style the div to taste.
>
> Don't use absolute positioning, as in your latest incarnation. It *will*
> break when somebody changes font size or something.
>
> Also, don't try to make the font size 75% of what I like or I *will*
> increase my font size. Your CSS is way too complex as well. You don't need
> to specify all those default properties.
>
> --
> Richard.


Sorry man but I didn't really understand
What is taste ?

The code we are talking about is:

<div style="padding: 14px;">
<div class="preview-photo-left">
<img src="photo_files/photo_demo.jpg" border="1">

</div>
<div class="preview-photo-download">
<b>Download Image</b>
</div>

With this CSS:
..preview-photo-left{
float: left;
padding: 0;
padding-left:16px; padding-top:18px;
width:50%;
}


..preview-photo-download{
float: left;
padding: 0;
padding-left:16px; padding-top:18px;
width:50%;
background-color: #cccccc;
}


Thanks,
Vincent.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bergamot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> This is how this must look like:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_prev...oto_border.jpg
>
> At this time I could have done this:
> http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/photo_preview/photo.html


Why are you floating *everything*? Just float the image left. Then
everything else will position itself to its right and wrap around it.
And don't clear floats unless you *want* the cleared element to flow
under the float instead of beside it.

See also: http://brainjar.com/css/positioning/

--
Berg
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamic Menu Items is not right aligned with Right to Left documen =?Utf-8?B?QmlzaG95?= ASP .Net 0 12-28-2006 11:39 AM
Right-Click With Mouse and Toolba Buttonsr Don't Work Right Bigfoot It Is Computer Support 0 10-30-2006 06:08 PM
Tool to enable Right click on pages where Right click is disabled tsteinke@gmail.com Computer Support 4 08-28-2005 11:53 PM
Tool to right click image in windows explorer and rotate image right or left 90 degrees siliconpi Digital Photography 2 11-29-2004 12:56 PM
pass the right form input to the right control Tom ASP .Net 0 12-11-2003 03:07 AM



Advertisments