Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > using Jacob com.jacob.com.ComFailException:

using Jacob com.jacob.com.ComFailException:

Bhanu

Hi All,

I am using jacob to use com library.
I am getting the following exception when I do -
Dispatch test = new Dispatch("MathTest.Math"); which is in the
sample.

Exception in thread "main" com.jacob.com.ComFailException: Can't get
object clsid from progid

but doing
ActiveXComponent comp = new ActiveXComponent("Outlook.Application");

is successful.

Can someone please guide me what I am doing wrong.

I have put the required libs in path.

Thanks,
Bhanu.