Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Capture Printer Events

Capture Printer Events

julielaurek@gmail.com

Hey guys;

So..let's say I have a java class (I'm using eclipse, in case that's
useful) and I have a parallel port attached to a printer to which
stuff is printing normally (passing through the File menu, then Print,
or Ctrl-P). Is it possible to capture print events from that port
although it is in use? I have looked at the Java Print API and
PrintEvent and so far I'm not going anywhere. Has someone tried it
before? What Java packages or APIs did you use?

Thanks,

JL