Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital camcorder for video diary

digital camcorder for video diary

deniselj

my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
near electricity for 2 weeks.
Can any one help?

gypsy3001@yahoo.com

On Jul 23, 5:09 am, deniselj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
> weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
> any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
> and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
> near electricity for 2 weeks.
> Can any one help?

You'll need to get an el cheapo camcorder, such as the Aiptek DV5900
5MP Pocket Digital Camcorder, that uses AA batteries. None of the high-
quality camcorders will do because they all uses proprietary
rechargeable batteries; unless you are willing to buy and charge a
bunch of these for her beforehand. With the Aiptec, just buy her a
bunch of SD cards and batteries and off she goes.

Chieh
--
Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

deniselj

On Jul 24, 2:19 am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 5:09 am, deniselj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
> > weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
> > any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
> > and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
> > near electricity for 2 weeks.
> > Can any one help?

> You'll need to get an el cheapo camcorder, such as the Aiptek DV5900
> 5MP Pocket Digital Camcorder, that uses AA batteries. None of the high-
> quality camcorders will do because they all uses proprietary
> rechargeable batteries; unless you are willing to buy and charge a
> bunch of these for her beforehand. With the Aiptec, just buy her a
> bunch of SD cards and batteries and off she goes.
>
> Chieh
> --
> Camera Hacker -http://www.CameraHacker.com/

thanks very much for your reply. I know nothing about these cameras
(or any camcorder for that matter!!) is this an easy camera to use

gypsy3001@yahoo.com

> > > my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
> > > weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
> > > any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
> > > and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
> > > near electricity for 2 weeks.
> > > Can any one help?

> > You'll need to get an el cheapo camcorder, such as the Aiptek DV5900
> > 5MP Pocket Digital Camcorder, that uses AA batteries. None of the high-
> > quality camcorders will do because they all uses proprietary
> > rechargeable batteries; unless you are willing to buy and charge a
> > bunch of these for her beforehand. With the Aiptec, just buy her a
> > bunch of SD cards and batteries and off she goes.

> thanks very much for your reply. I know nothing about these cameras
> (or any camcorder for that matter!!) is this an easy camera to use

I don't know. I don't have one of these. But they should be easier to
use the fancier, higher-quality camcorders.

Chieh
--
Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/